Her father had asked what was wrong, but she simply told him she needed a moment alone, to which he granted.

A moment turned to days, and she had yet to speak of it with anyone, including the hokage himself.

She entered the room and stood silently, watching as Amado inspected her brothers arm.

"So you like boruto or something?" Sumire panicked, a blush on her face.

"D-Dont say it so bluntly, Kawaki!"

"And you, Megumi? Don't you like someone?" Amado teased. Ahmya's expression remained stoic as she kept her hands in her pocket.

"I don't have time for romance."

"Aren't you engaged, though?" 

"That was a joke." Sumire blinked in shock.

Ahmya had never denied it. In fact, she would willingly and happily admit it.

"I just jokingly proposed to him, and it just kind of stuck to us. It's nothing big, alright?"

"Hmph." Amado took a breath of smoke "You're in a bad mood."

"She is?" Katasuke wondered

"You are?" Kawaki asked.

"No. I'm fine." Amado huffed in amusement at her lie as she turned to leave once again. 

"You seem fine, so i'll go now."

●=»>◆<«=●

"It was your strength along with Boruto's that kept the damage to our village minimal, wasn't it? Which basically makes you two the ones who saved the village."

Ahmya was growing irritated of his words, but it couldn't be helped.

To everyone else, she looked calm. But to the people who knew her, she was annoyed or even angered.

"No. It wasn't like that-"

"And what's it called again? The jutsu that protected the village? There are actually a ton of people who witnessed it happen!"

"Listen. I did barely anything." He was about to speak when she once more cut him off, clear irritation in her voice.

"Boruto didn't do much either. The village works together, and without one another you could kiss your life goodbye. But i'll say this. There was one hero. One who I owe my own life to, and we are all in his debt even though barely anyone knows him personally."

This peaked the mans interest, and as if ignoring everything she said he asked who it was.

"I can't say. But..." A beeping sounded making the interviewer sigh in disappointment.

"Unfortunately, it appears we are out of time. Everyone, please give another round of applause to the tiny but might hero who saved our village once again...Hatake Ahmya!"

She shook his hand and turned around, walking out the door as quickly as she could.

Once she was outside, she slammed the side of her fist against the wall, clenching her jaw.

"Everyone's always saying theres one hero. One important person. I did nothing. It's my fault Kuramas dead. It's always my fault..." 

Her legs moved one at a time, forwards and towards a flower shop.

She had bought a large amount of flowers and proceeded to leave, wishing she could teleport but it would just be annoying to the ANBU watching her.