Chapter Twenty Four - You Gotta Live, Bonnibel

Hello people!

I hope you are all well: 3

Well, let's move on to the first chapter!

Good reading!
-----------------------------*-----------------------------

Bonnibel had a little problem that always seemed to be around, poking in the back of her mind: she was too much of a perfectionist. From school activities to cheerleading choreographies, her results never seemed to be enough for herself. In her mind, she could always study a little more, train a little more.

And that's how she ended up at Marceline's house, with low blood pressure and after almost passing out, thanks to almost two hours of uninterrupted training for the closing show of the football season... without even a break to drink water.

Her friends were not very happy with the irresponsibility of it, and much less her girlfriend. And while she was scolded by everyone for that, Marceline seemed to be more busy with holding on to laughter, while she listening to Marceline's complaints.

"But this ain't possible for a person to have no idea of ​​their own limits, Bonnibel! You know, when you are reaching your limit, you stop!"

Jake and Hayley, who had joined Marceline, Marshall and Kevin on a mission to take the girl away from school, exchanged glances quickly. As far as they knew, this had been the first time the girl had forced herself on that level, but Marceline was acting as if an incident like that had already occurred.

And, well... it was almost that. In other contexts, of which they couldn't be aware of, she had a terrible habit of not knowing very well the time to stop.

"Damnit, Bonnie... you could've told the trainer that you needed a break" - said Kevin, while making scrambled eggs for her, a worried look.

"Nah, don't even waste your saliva with her" - Marceline said, wavering between serious and holding her laughter, placing two slices of bread in the toaster. "She wouldn't do that. And even if the trainer asked if she was okay to continue, she would just say 'ahaaam'" - she finished, in a thin voice and rolling her eyes.

Bonnibel looked at her with wide eyes, cheeks on fire. This time, Marceline was forced to burst out laughing, while Bonnibel just laughed to herself and hid her face among the pink locks.

"I'm just trying to see how many limits I'm able to break and I'm still not aware of" - she replies, one hand below her chin, looking at her girlfriend with a smile that is slightly less shy than until a few moments ago. Marceline just raised an eyebrow.

"You know... my lucky number" - Bonnibel said, a smile much more open and suggestive this time. One hand below the chin, the other open, slowly swinging the five fingers.

Marceline hung in place for a moment, as if she hadn't expected the girl to say that. Then she just shook her head, and suddenly burst out laughing, which made Bonnibel have the same reaction.

The friends looked at each other for a long moment, not quite understanding what had happened. Marshall just went out shaking his head: he knew his sister well enough to understand, and he would rather not have understood.

"Sometimes I don't recognize you, Bon."

What could Bonnibel say?

She was learning little by little that she loved the feeling of internal jokes, that little world that was theirs and only theirs.

The true meaning of intimacy.

[...]

Classes had returned a few days ago, but the evenings and weekends continued at the same crazy pace for Marceline and her band. With the festival set for early February, every second of rehearsal was deeply precious. In other situation, maybe Marceline would've moved into the studio until the day of the show, sleep and wake up hugging the microphone and the bass. But she was a girl with principles, and she had already decided that the band was no longer her only major priority.