Chapter 49 - A Balanced Mind

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I'm sorry about yesterday Thor...I kinda lost it," you say bashfully.

"No matter, my lady," says Thor with a smile, turning from you to Loki. "And you brother? How do you fare?"

"If I was faring anywhere less than perfectly I would not have allowed you to tie my woman's gown," Loki says, placing his hands behind his head and leaning back contentedly. 

You blush and roll your eyes as you sit on a nearby sitting chair.

"Why are you here, Thor?" you ask.

"You have been summoned to the Allfather's chambers," Thor says.

Your stomach lurches. Of course the Allfather wants to speak to you. How foolish could you be to think that there wouldn't be a consequence for your behavior yesterday?

"Why?" Loki demands.

He stands quickly from the bed, tossing aside the sheet as you watch his fists clench. Advancing on Thor, he's either forgotten, or simply doesn't care about his naked state. You use your seidr to dress him in a pair of sweatpants but he doesn't even notice.

"I know not, brother. But I was told mother would be present," Thor says, holding his hands up in a calming surrender.

At Thor's words, Loki's shoulders relax slightly. You're not sure what Frigga's presence means for this particular audience, but apparently it's a good thing.

"And when are we expected?" Loki asks.

"Immediately," says Thor.

"Very well."

With a nod Thor departs, leaving you and Loki in silence. Your stomach feels akin to a fishbowl full of eels, slipping and wriggling around. You feel the urge to vomit, but hold it back.

"Lo, you don't think...you don't think he'd arrest me for what I said, do you?" you ask, your hands beginning to shake.

Loki seems pensive for a moment, pushing you to the edge of a nervous breakdown. But right before you reach your breaking point he speaks.

"No, darling. I do not believe so. If the Allfather's intention was to arrest or otherwise punish us for your behavior yesterday, he wouldn't have sent Thor."

You let out a long, shaky breath. "Okay, so what does he want?"

"I cannot know, darling," Loki says.

"Do you...do you think Frigga had to tell him about...," you trail off, tapping the side of your head.

Loki shrugs. 

"There's only one way to find out," he says, using his seidr to dress in his palatial robes. He then fixes his own hair before doing yours. In a matter of moments, you're both dressed for an audience with a king.