Chapter 4

Echo
»»————- ♔ ————-««

His Highness got tired of walking, so he suggested that we go to his friend's house but to get there we have to walk. I left the motorcycle at this nice bakeshop open 24/7. I promised to get it tomorrow before going to College.

Since we can't use the motorcycle, we rented a bicycle which is still open. We hopped on the bike and went to his friend's house. They lived in Blink Hus.

I see some cars in the driveway, and I was expecting a huge party inside, but only one group of people was there. The one we used to go to back in LA. They were a big thing in LA if you throw a house party.

As soon as His Highness walked in, they came towards him and hugged him.

"Where have you been? You were supposed to go here at 7, not 9." a guy with a British accent came in and greeted His Majesty. His Majesty looked in my direction and slightly smiled. I looked away. The British guy he was talking to is a son of a huge business tycoon in Europe. Cadaver James Foxtrot. Their families own Foxtrot Industrial, which extended to housing, hospitals, and furniture.

"I thought you were not coming." a red-headed girl said. I recognize her from the magazines that Julie used to flip through. A singer and songwriter, Khalili Partridge. She was more beautiful than her pictures.

I learned all his friends' names from His Majesty's personal file. Jupiter Bridgette Hennessy is the daughter of a famous football player, and her mother is a famous fashion designer.

The last guy who didn't greet His Majesty and stuffed his face with peanuts is Noah Christopher Van den Berg, a marquess. His Majesty's third cousin. I guess all rich people flock together to discuss awesome it is to dive into their money.

They saw me looking at them, so I looked away. I heard some whispering before one of them asked a question.

"Griff, is she your new bodyguard?" Noah said from the living room. He looked at me from my feet to the top of my head. All of them did.

"I thought you're free from guards?" Jupiter said with her eyebrows shot up. All of them were confused about how I was with him at this time.

"She's the new scholar." He said. Khalili walked up to me and held my two hands before he hugged me.

"So lovely to meet you!" she said and gave me a cheek kiss. She was nice and warm. I guess what you see on TV is sometimes true.

All of them introduced themselves, but I already knew their names before I got here. They took His Majesty to the living room, and I stayed outside on the porch swing. I texted His and Her Highness that I am with His Majesty in his friend's house. I think they will be worried sick if he goes out alone in the middle of the night.

I heard their laughter from the outside, and I think they are playing a game or something. They played for hours, and I saw on my phone that it was already 1:30 in the morning. We better head back because he has class tomorrow. Before entering the house again, I bumped into Cadaver.

"Hey!" he said. He was holding two beers and giving one to me. I gladly accepted it and opened it using a frat technique. He was surprised when I opened it by that method.

"So you're the new scholar?" he said while sipping on his beer. I appreciate the gesture for small talk, but this isn't the time for friends.

"Yeah." keep it short. I began drinking the beer with one hand and the other one playing with the bottle cap.

"Where you from?" he asked. He looked at me with so many questions plastered on his face. I think he is the type of person who asks questions a lot, like a lot.