Chapter 17

Chapter 17: Goodbye

"I don't want to lose you," I whispered to Dante in the middle of the night. I don't know if he heard me or not. I snuck out from our bed and travelled downstairs. I pulled out a gallon of chocolate ice cream and started shoving it in my mouth. 

My mind started to wander. My thoughts were mostly about my future. The one without Dante. Minutes later, Dante came down the steps shirt off and his hair all messed up. I have to say his look was deinitely appealing. 

"What are you doing down here," he asked, yawning and scratching his bed head.

I shrugged instead of answering his question. He ventured into the living room. "Come," he called to me. I obeyed, plopping on his lap. He wrapped a blanket around us and I snuggled against his chest. He rubbed my bare legs and we both said not one word. 

"Your thoughts are negative," he lectured me.

"So," I said shrugging. 

"Blake-Lynn," he said sternly, tilting my chin to face him.

"Dante," I whispered. 

He just shook his head. "I wish I could get through to your mind and tell you not to worry or think about the future."

I bit my lip. "So, you're not worried? Not at all?"

He smiled but it did not reach his eyes. "Of course I am. But I have to enjoy you now because I cannot enjoy you later. I can worry later, there will always be time for that."

I nodded. "Will you marry me?"

He turned to me. "Why did you just ask me that?"

I shrugged smiling. "I was bored."

"No you weren't. You forget that I can see behind your front."

"Really," I said, tugging on the hair at the ape of his neck. "What did you see, then?"

"You really meant it," he said simply, his eyes in wonder.

"Nah."

"Yah," he argued, still stunned.

I shrugged, untangling myself from him. I ventured back up to the princess' bedroom. He followed. I started packing up all the things we brought with us.

"Blake-Lynn. What are you doing?"

I felt like my entire body was shaking. "Cutting this trip short," I said, simply, my words dry off of my tongue. 

"Please don't do this," he said, reaching for me.

I shook my head stubbornly. "No. This is our last goodbye, Dante."

I turned to face him, but he had a protest already forming. "Are you mad because I wouldn't have sex with you or because you asked me to marry you and I brushed it off."

I smiled bitterly even though I felt like crying. "Now that is the Dante I know."

He didn't say anything. "Leave. Go. Get out. Disappear. This is the inevitable end. Goodbye, Dante." I said, with pain in my voice.

He didn't move an inch. "Just leave!" I screamed so loud it vibrated the walls. He backed away slowly. He seemed reluctant to leave as if I would change my mind. As soon as he took a step out of the bedroom I slammed the door with all my might. My anger flooded out of me. I picked up the nearby lamp and shattered it against the far wall. I saw flickering lights and then complete darkness. I started to punch everything. I could see nothing, though. I just wanted to destroy something. Then, I fell to the ground. Everything in my body was stretching. It was almost as of my veins were stretching from within my back. My whole body was going through convulsions.

"What's happening to me," I gasped out loud before everything really went dark. Then, I saw the bright light. The one from my dreams. I don't know how it got there, but it did. And then, there was nothing.

-----------THE END-----------