Chapter 5

Chapter 5: The Cycle

I pushed Dante aside and took my seat. I could feel him, he was burning a hole in the back of my head. Why did I feel like I had to believe him? And why did I want to?

I rushed out of last period and to my locker. I felt someone come up from behind me. I glanced back and saw Dante. "What," I asked softly.

He pressed his hands on my shoulders. "You don't think I meant it." I turned around and eyed him curiously.

I looked to left and saw Megan glaring. I turned the other way and saw his flock of girls waiting impatiently. I turned away from him and closed my locker. "Your flock of girls is waiting."

He grinned and winked at them. He didn't mean it. Why was I so disappointed? I pushed him out of the way and went to meet Liam at the park. I got to the gates and showed them my pass. Dad was waiting for me. "I was gonna go to the park," I said, trying to weasel my way out.

He shook his head sympathetically. "Abigail asked me to speak you and so did Ariel."

"I. Am. Going. To. Kill. Him." I spat at no one in particular.

Dad chuckled and I glared at him. "Can we just talk later. Dad, I really want to go to the park."

He grinned. "You want to go to the park because you want to have a meeting with someone outside of Blake High."

I shook my head. "Okay, so before, yes. But now he goes to Blake."

"Exactly," he pointed out. "There are two new boys at Blake High and you have to learn about them before you get involved with either of them."

I huffed and got into the car. Dad drove us to a little coffee shop that was near home. "You know the cycle, Blake-Lynn. It was what happened with your mother and I. But we ended it. And now in your lifetime it's starting all over again," he said, before taking a sip of his coffee.

I sighed heavily. "Dad, please tell me this is your joke and that you just want to protect me from the vulgar boys my age."

He scoffed. "I wish, Blakey, I wish." I waited for him to tell the rest of this story. "McCord's for centuries have only given birth to girls and Scott's only to boys. But Hayley and I changed that. Having both a boy and a girl half McCord and half Scott." I nodded in understanding. "But also the McCord family gave full birth to two twin sons named Liam and Dante."

My mouth dropped. "I've been sort of dating my family," I moaned.

Dad laughed. "No, you are not family by blood. I can not fully explain it; no one can, I'm afraid. But both of the boy are McCord's and both are after your heart. It will decide that fate of the cycle in the future on how your life pans out."

I cursed under my breath. "Another thing to live up to," I said, my voice emotionless.