Chapter 6

Chapter 6: It's Hard to Face the Truth

After our conversation, I drove Dad home and went straight to the mall. I had so much on my plate right now, and I needed to shop. I entered the mall texting Liam.

ME: SO SORRY. CANT MEET YOU. I GUESS I'LL SEE YOU LATER. BYE.

I walked straight into my favorite store. I eyed a black dress and immediately tried it on. It fit my body perfectly and I decided to leave it on. I paid for it and cruised around the mall for a while. I was hungry, so I made my way to the food court. There was a huge huddle in the right corner where I usually sat. Curiously, I made my way through it. For once I was grateful to be the Princess, bacause everyone cleared out. When I got to the main source, it was Dante and five other girls. He looked up when he saw me and grinned. I stormed out. I didn't get any food, I just went straight home.

MEGAN: DO YOU LIKE DANTE OR SOMETHING? I THOUGHT WE AGREED HE WAS ALREADY MINE.

ARIEL: HEY, YOU OKAY, SIS?

MOM: PLEASE COME HOME. I KNOW YOU ARE GOING THROUGH A LOT. PLEASE JUST TALK TO SOMEONE.

LIAM: DID I DO SOMETHING TO MAKE YOU MAD? I MISS YOU, BLAKE-LYNN.

I didn't answer any of the text messages. I drove straight home and grabbed my shopping bags and ran in the house. "Don't wanna talk about it," I called out, as I rushed up to my room.

I did something I seldom ever did. I pulled on a loose T-shirt and a pair of sweat pants. I plopped down on my bed and closed my eyes. I saw Liam and Dante's picture and I sighed.

Liam was such a sweetheart and I liked him ever since that day we met. He was everything any girl could ask for and more. I would be happy with him. But would I be as happy as Mum is with Dad?

Then there is Dante. I've known him for a day and I knew I was falling for him. Yes, he was cocky and mean. But, he was a bad boy. And I wanted him to mean what he said so badly. I don't know why I felt that, but it was the same with Mum.

Galen was the easy choice for her. The safe one. But she gave herself to Dad, and they had such a passionate love, it barely counted as real. And I envied and cherished what they had growing up. I didn't watch the romantic movies or  shows on TV, I watched them in real life. And they put every love story filmed to shame. I wanted what they have. They were my age when they fell in love, and I would love nothing more than what they had and still have.

Dad said they both would fall for me. That is hard to believe in Dante's case. I just wish it wasn't.