Chapter 8

Chapter 8: She Will Be Loved

I pulled away from Dante and paid more attention to the class. Inside I knew what his plan was. It was a trick. He wanted to tell Liam that I cheated on him, so he would kick me to the curb. Dante didn't want to be with me, but he didn't want anyone else. His plan was not going to work.

ME: DEFINITELY, YES TO LUNCH. I JUST WANTED TO TELL YOU BEFORE YOU FOUND OUT FROM SOMEONE ELSE, DANTE KISSED ME. BUT I WISHED IT HAD BEEN YOU. SORRY.

I looked back at Dante who was gazing out the window. My phone buzzed.

LIAM: I'M GLAD YOU TOLD ME, CAN'T WAIT FOR LUNCH.

I grinned again. Plan failed, Dante. The bell rang and I rushed out of class and to my locker. I decided to skip Combat class and rest behind some bushes. I pulled out my Ipod and pressed play. I closed my eyes and tried not to think. I felt someone pull the ear plugs out of my ear. I opened my eyes and saw Dante sitting across from me. "What do you want," I asked, closing my eyes again.

"It's not good to skip class, Princess."

My eyes snapped open angrily. "Don't call me that," I said, my voice low. "You know, I really don't want to get caught. And knowing you about twenty girls are about to line up. So, can you and your fan club go somewhere else."

I closed my eyes again. "I gave that up," he said. "I give up."

I opened my eyes and looked at him. "Really," I asked. He nodded, then I shrugged.

"What's your favorite song," he asked abruptly.

"She will be loved. Maroon Five," I told him honestly. I started to explain myself. "She is me. I will be loved. I grew up with watching the strongest and devoted love between my parents. They always say that. Especially, my mum, Hayley. But you know it's hard to live up-or love up- to their's. But it's exactly what I want." I looked at him and he was grinning.

I looked at him strangely. "I just wanted to know what it was, not the back story behind it."

I glared at him and got up. "I really hate you," I told him. I smoothed out my T-shirt. He got up with me.

He closed any distance between us. "But I love you, my Blakey."

"I'm not yours," I faintly whispered.

He placed his fingers through the loops of my jeans and I stumbled towards him. "Now, you're going to kiss me, Blake-Lynn." I shook my head. He bent his head down, until his lower lip brushed my top one. "Stop," I whispered. I didn't mean it, I knew that with everything in my body and soul. 

But he stopped. "Fine," he said, stepping back. I looked at him and tried to apoligize with my eyes. He wouldn't meet my eyes, though. "Go and be happy with Liam. I don't give a damn," he went off, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"Dante," I started. He held up his hands and walked away. I looked at my feet, my heart hurting as Dante faded in the distance. There was a note at my foot. I picked it up and it read:

Blake-Lynn,

I know why that is your favorite song.

It's because you will be loved.

You are loved.

But, I didn't want to love you.

I didn't want to be involoved with you or the cycle.

But, yet the first day I met you, I told you what would become obvious.

I love you.

I meant it and you will be loved.

Just not by me.

-Dante

I remembered his words as I sank down to the grass in tears. 'But one will rise and one will fall'. They hit my heart with a loud bang of hurt.