Chapter 11

Chapter 11: Tears with a Weather to Match

Megan didn’t meet me at the gates, but Liam was there, instead. Well, he looked pretty angry. I sighed, as I walked up to him. I guess Dante’s plan did work after all. “So, Dante told me that you kissed him,” Liam said, his voice cross. He seemed infuriated, but I saw the emotion in his eyes. Above all else, I could see hurt.

“I’m sorry,” I told him, my voice sad. I was sorry, but for the wrong reasons. I was sorry that I cheated on Liam and I was sorry that I put that hurt upon his face. However I wasn’t sorry that I kissed Dante. If I could go back and change it, I knew with all my heart that I wouldn’t.

“Tell me something, Blake-Lynn. You like me right?” I nodded at his question, before he continued. “But you love him.” It wasn’t a question, but a statement. A statement I knew was true. I nodded again. “You’re sorry that I found out, not sorry for the kiss.” His voice was sad, and I longed to comfort him, but I didn’t.

“I’m sorry that I hurt you, Liam,” I said, my voice showed the truth behind my words.

He smiled sadly at me. He wrapped his arms around me soothingly. He was comforting me when he was the one who actually needed it. I hugged him back, remembering that I still cared for him.

“I’ll catch you later, okay, Blakey?” I nodded and watched Liam disappear. Alone again, I thought to myself. I walked into the school, preparing myself for the day.

I was busy at my locker when Megan approached. I was hoping I wouldn’t run into her. Guess those hopes were ruined. “Hey,” I said awkwardly.

She smiled. “I am sorry for getting mad at you. It worked out, anyway,” she said, her eyes shining gleefully. “What do you mean?” I asked. My voice was angry, though I tried to control it. She shrugged. “Dante just asked me out like ten minutes ago. We’re going out on a date later tonight.” She clapped her hands in excitement.

I slammed the locker hard and stormed off. I heard Megan call my name, but I didn’t care. Did the kiss mean absolutely nothing to him? Did I? I knocked on the headmistress’s office lightly, despite my anger. “Blake-Lynn you may come in,” I heard Abigail’s voice from inside. I pushed the door open and cursed under my breath. Dante was standing across from my grand mother. “Never mind, I’ll just come back later,” I said, turning to go.

“No, Dante was just leaving. Stay Blake-Lynn.” I nodded. Dante stood and walked past me. I avoided his face, afraid to see two things. One, a grin upon his face, him knowing he dug his hooks into me. Or two, a look of pity. I just wanted so bad to scream at the top of my lungs. “Why did you skip your classes,” the headmistress asked as I took a seat from across her.

I pulled my knees up to my chest and shrugged. “I was upset by something,” I told her. She gave me a look of pity. “Don’t look at me like that, Gran. You don’t have any idea what I go through.”

She scoffed. “You think you have it so bad, Blake-Lynn. Imagine being your mother. She loved your father. She sacrificed her life just to protect him. And, on various occasions. Your life is not even close enough in tragedy compared to hers.”

I shook my head, letting the tears fall. “But, Mum, she was loved. Dad loved her from the beginning. The first time they spoke, they fell in love. He was wanted by her just as she was to him. Nobody is like that for me. Mum and Dad, they are oblivious. Nobody knows what it feels like to be me. I have these huge expectations and no one to lean on for support. Absolutely no one. Mum had Aria and Galen. Who do I have? Megan? Let’s see she wants the one guy that I have ever loved and probably ever will. I’m alone in this world and I just don’t see how nobody gets that.” I was broken down in full sobs. I stormed out of her office only to bump in to Dante who was eavesdropping by the door. I didn’t even care. I just needed to get away from everybody.

I climbed a tree just outside of the Educational Building. The sun was shining which was irritating to me. I looked up at the sky and stared straight into the sun. I closed my eyes slowly. When I opened them again, I could see the clouds form into a dark shade. I, then, felt the rain droplets that I had formed with my unusual powers. Everything should be gloomy, just like the way I felt.