033, vinyls

jackie left north carolina with a no sleep, puffy eyes, and the events of last night replaying over and over.

why would he say that? he practically hates me.

dream probably thinks there's something between us now, theres no doubt that he hates me.

did i ruin their friendship?

do i call clay? or george? i don't know.

i dont even like george like that, do i even think of him as a friend at this point?

luckily for jackie, those thoughts went away for a short time while she slept through her whole flight. the lack of sleep she had wasn't this bad since, well, never.

once jackie got home, she spent most of the day in bed, she hated just laying there. crying in silence, crying due to overthinking and imagining the worst situations possible.

all she wanted was to call dream, however that was out of the picture. she just needed something that reminded her of him.

she lifted herself up, scanning the various items in her room until she looked at her record player.

right by the record player laid the vinyls dream has gifted to her, unopened. she couldn't find the time to really open and listen to each of them.

she walked over to her vinyls, grabbing a pair of scissors on her way there from her dresser.

she sat down on the floor, grabbing the first vinyl on the stack.

when i get home, the first album jackie had heard when she got accepted into college.

she carefully slide the scissors on the side on the vinyl where there wasn't anything underneath it. cutting it open, jackie used her hand to take off the rest of the plastic.

before she scrunched up the plastic she noticed a white piece of paper. jackie ripped it off the plastic, realizing she could've thrown it away.

it had jackie's name on it in dream's handwriting, she opened the folded note.

i hope you open this one first, i spent all night and all day searching for these vinyls. i hope i got good ones, i listened to this one like 3 times. who knew solange was such a good artist? you did, obviously. you're jackie, you're perfect. maybe you're not, but i couldn't care less, i'll always embrace your flaws and mistakes. anyway, back to the music, i really like dreams and time (is). first one is self explanatory, but the second one, god it's sooooo fucking good like...i should really get more into solange. by the way, there's a note on the back of every vinyl, i'm really wishing you didn't throw these notes away. happy valentine's day jackie. :)

"of course, spoils me, then write these heartfelt notes. nobody else but him." jackie laughed at her words as she finished reading the notes.

she wanted to keep reading the other notes, the next on the pile was case study 01. a no skip album, no other way to describe it.

she turned it over, ripping off the note and unfolding it quickly.

hi again, now this one. ive heard a few songs off these ones, you've recommended 'too deep to turn back,' and that one was really good. i'll keep the train going i guess, my favorite one by far is love again, no chance. the others can't compare, see i didn't know a song could be so good? geez, of course you know the song, i can't wait to appreciate it with you. physically, of course, it's gonna be so fun. happy valentine's day, jackie!

jackie felt her eyes burning, the tears were coming once again. she didn't know why she kept crying, she didn't say anything, she's not doing anything behind dream's back, and had no clue that george even thought of jackie as "gorgeous."

she knew it wasn't her fault, she just wanted to know why dream left so abruptly without a word.

she read the last two notes, the were filled with the same contents; dream stating his favorite song or songs, wishing jackie a good valentine's day even though it was almost june.

god, she felt terrible that she actually opened the vinyls so late. he probably was waiting for a response, which didn't help jackie's case at all.

after sitting on the floor, crying, and re-reading the notes that dream had written, jackie decided to watch a movie and make herself some food.

she made herself ihaw-ihaw, it was one of the few filipino foods that she memorized and had mastered. she finished cooking in under an hour and thirty minutes.

she served herself and went to her small living room to watch her favorite movie, 'slums of beverly hills.' it never got old to her, she wasn't really the movie fanatic in general, music was more her thing.

jackie finished her food, setting the plate on her coffee table. instead of cleaning up she wrapped herself in all of her blankets, hoping to create a similar feeling of what it would feel to be laying in someone's arms.

preferably dream's.

authors note
one of my prewritten chapters that are
scattered around this book

have a good day guys!! don't forget to vote & comment :))))