025, call me clay

FEB 15TH
⤷ 5:27 AM.

jackie stretched her limbs, feeling the cracks that sounded from her body. blindly turning off the alarm on her phone, due to her eyes still being closed.

she opened her eyes to a dark room, remembering why she was supposed to wake up so early.

she really had no idea why karl suggested for her to book the earliest flight back home, jackie's protests didn't change his mind.

jackie left the bed, going to the bathroom and washing her teeth then face. she gathered her things to take them back to her room, putting them all in a small bag, then putting it in her main luggage.

her clothes were already folded from the previous nights, and she decided to sleep in the clothes she was going to wear on the plane.

jackie zipped up her luggage, placing it on the floor then putting on her light weight zip up and grabbed her phone as well.

she knew both alex and karl were awake, they weren't the quietest people she knew.

jackie stalled for as long as she could before opening the door to see her newfound friends, not wanting to leave either of them.

during the trip, both alex and karl got to know all about jackie and jackie got to know them as well.

they created inside jokes, stayed up watching movies, did fun streams, cried while watching "sad" video compilations, karaoke, and eating out the whole time. it was an experience like no other, especially for jackie.

never did she think that she would sleep every night on this trip in one of karl's extra rooms, nor did she think that she'd become very close to alex.

soon enough, jackie opened the door. the two boys that sat in the kitchen looked at the somber expression on her face.

"ready jackie?" karl asked, grabbing his keys as he headed to the door, alex followed along. jackie nodded, following the two as well.

alex slowed down to stand by jackie, "i'm glad we're friends jackie, you're really cool." he told her.

though jackie knew that she had strong feelings for dream, alex would always have a special place in her heart. it felt like he had always been there for jackie without her not actually knowing him, until now of course.

her cheeks heated up, "you're cool too, like atrociously cool. but you already knew that." she smiled.

once they quickly got to the car, karl took the luggage from jackie and placed it next to alex's in the trunk of his car.

"alex is sitting in the back, do you want to sit in the front?" karl asked jackie, "i'll just sit in the back too, i'm already here." she responded, tapping the back seat door.

"no canoodling." he teased, opening the driver's door, jackie mirrored the action with her door. she saw that alex was already seated on the opposite side.

the airport was about an hour drive and karl had put on really relaxing music, causing jackie to struggle at keeping her eyes open.

she rested her head on her palm that laid on the arm rest that was against the door.

for a little bit she stared up at the sky that had a tiny bit of light shown. she then felt a light tap on her shoulder, she moved her head.

"i'm more comfortable than laying on your hand." alex whispered, jackie smiled at his kindness and took his offer.

she unbuckled her seat belt and moved closer to alex, resting her head lightly on his shoulder.

it didn't feel like what he did was a romantic gesture at all, it felt more like a confirmation that these two had become best friends, even in such a short period of time.

jackie felt comfortable enough to sleep on him without feeling weird about it, he shared the same feeling as her.

once jackie fell asleep, alex became tired as well. he rested his head on top of jackies, drifting to sleep as a radiohead song quietly played on the radio along with karl's quiet hums.

-

his arms wrapped around jackie's short figure, "i don't want to say goodbye yet, this was so fun." she muffled into karl's shirt.

karl patted her back, "it's not goodbye, it's see you later!" he told her.

she let go, looking at him and nodded. "you're right, we'll see each other again soon."

he agreed, soon after karl said his goodbyes to alex, this wasn't their first time saying goodbye to one another so it wasn't difficult for them.

jackie hugged alex as well, "thanks for not thinking i'm a crazy fan girl." jackie told him.

alex laughed and looked at karl, then back at jackie. "trust me, i know about your like eighteen month subscription to my account."

jackie rapidly stripped herself away from alex, giving him a glare. "anyway, i think they just called my flight?" she said, pointing behind her.

"c'mon jackie, one more goodbye?" karl asked, jackie nodded.

"see you soon karl, you too alex. this trip was fun." she replied, looking at the two. she gave them both one more hug and then made her way to security.

-

"hey dream." she spoke into her phone, wanting to hear his voice just in case she were to die on the airplane.

"hi jackie, you nervous?" he replied, jackie replied a quick 'yea'.

"you'll be okay, just pretend i'm there with you." he said softly, beginning to describe a scene.

"we're both on a plane, on our way to go to-" he paused to think of a place.

"to italy...venice." jackie answered.

"yes, on our way to venice, watching a movie until we both fall asleep and the flight attendant has to wake us up. our hands would still holding on to the other's tightly because we both know you're terrified of planes but i wouldn't care how hard you squeeze my hand nor for how long."

"because as long as you have a sense of safety, then you'll be okay." she finished.

"now boarding group 3 for flight to seattle-tacoma." dream heard over the phone, jackie took a deep breath.

"that's me," she cleared her throat, "i think i'll be fine now, thank you dr-"

"call me clay." he spoke, cutting her off. before jackie could reply he hung up.

authors note

honestly dk why dream just hung up right after, but it just felt right🏃🏻‍♀️

always making him describe scenes
like okay writer

jackie and quackity's friendship arc is my fav to
write tbh 😫😫☝️

it's also my birthday today i guesss🚶🏻‍♀️