024, 14th, 6th, & 15th

FEB 14th
⤷ 1:38 PM.

"holy shit that's a big box!" jackie yelled, walking past alex and karl, who were in awe. the two didn't actually think dream would actually send all the things he had listed.

she kneeled down, examining the box. "is this really for me?" she questioned, looking back at the two.

"it does say jackie." alex pointed out, "and it's valentine's day."

"which only means one thing." karl added, handing her a pair of scissors.

"wow i didn't actually think he'd get me something," jackie said in confusion, opening the box.

"i'm going to order food, do you two want anything from taco bell?" alex asked. karl and jackie both told him their orders.

jackie brought her attention back on the box, sliding the scissors in the box, and opening it swiftly.

the contents of the box were random, but so was their unexpected friendship. it contained a box of 24 packs of reese's, multiple vinyls of her favorite albums that were way out of her budget, a bouquet of real looking flowers that were fake, and finally a dark brown guitar case at the bottom of the box.

jackie placed all her things carefully on the nearby coffee table and took out her guitar case. "is this even allowed?" she mumbled in confusion.

"he's never gotten me a guitar." karl commented, walking to jackie to see the unopened guitar case get opened.

jackie placed it on the couch, she ran her fingers on the sewing of the guitar case until she reached the locks that kept the case closed.

once she opened it she was faced with a pale yellow guitar, it shined back at jackie as the sun hit the body of it.

she pushed the top of the case up, karl noticed something that was taped to it.

she carefully took the folded paper, it read off for jackie, happy valentine's day <3. she felt her cheeks get warm, opening the paper.

it showed a screen shot of a familiar airport to one she had never seen before but instantly knew where it was, orlando.

at the bottom corner there was a little note,

august 6th to august 15, you, me, and maybe sapnap. we'll spend both of our birthdays together and hopefully you won't hate my face. until then, here's a valentine's day gift for you.

karl read off the card as well, "wait when's your birthday?"

she gave him a shocked look, "august 7th, have i never told you this?" she answered, he shook his head.

"i honestly thought your birthday was in may." he confessed, jackie laughed and put her attention on the guitar.

"this is like the prettiest guitar i've ever seen," she examined the guitar as she sat down and placed it on her lap, she then looked up at karl and lifted it up for him "here try it."

karl smiled and took the guitar from her hands, he put the strap over his head and began tuning it.

jackie laid her eyes on the five vinyls that were on the coffee table, she went over to looked through them all.

"he got me the never story by jid!?" jackie stared in awe at her favorite album that she been wanting ever since the release. "these go for like five hundred dollars on ebay."

the other albums that were neatly beneath the JID album, it was 'when i get home', 'because the internet', 'case study 01', and  'alfredo'.

alex came back into the living room, rapidly looked at all the things that were laid out while he was gone.

-

"a whole guitar?" alex exclaimed while putting a nacho fry in his mouth, he wiped his hands on his napkin and grabbed it.

he admired to instrument then looked at jackie, "wow jackie, he has to be in love with you!" he laughed, karl smacked the back of his head.

alex shot him a mix of a confused look and a glare, jackie stared at the two, laughing.

"he's just very very nice to me." jackie insisted, trying not to give any hints that she liked him, and she liked him a lot.

jackie took a drink of her lemonade, 'entropy' played on karl's record player.

during the next hour, the three of them talked about all sorts of random things, getting to know more about each other as they ate their food.

-

DREAM

today 2:43 PM

jackie
thank you for the stuff :)

dream
you're welcome

dream
did you know how much the never
story was

jackie
UM YES I DO?? ARE YOU
CRAZY HELLO

jackie
i literally couldn't thank you enough
though

jackie
pause i need to get you
something too

dream
no you don't, all i could
ask for is confirmation for
the trip

jackie
well i'll be seeing you
august 6th then

dream
when we meet you
have to promise not to
make fun of me

jackie
i would never

dream
okay good

jackie
happy valentine's
day dream <33333

dream
happy valentine's
day jackie :)

authors note

shorter chapter today, sry 😒

happy fake valentine's day
⤷ sotd: happy valentine's day by outkast

alsoooo what are y'all's favorite
albums/artists/songs?