017, lost and found

FEB 10TH
8:42 AM EST.

"ma'am," a light voice started, tapping jackie's shoulder.

jackie slowly opened her eyes, facing the flight attendant, "we've landed." she smiled at the tired girl.

jackie stood up to view no other passengers on the flight, she left her row and grabbed her luggage out of the overhead compartment.

after leaving the flight and making her way to towards the exit of the airport she reached into her pocket to text karl that she had landed.

nothing, nothing in her left pocket. she checked her right pocket, it was empty as well. jackie started panicking, she sat at a nearby seat that was against the windows.

she emptied out her pockets from her hoodie and sweatpants, her phone wasn't with her, realizing she left it on the plane.

"shit shit shit," she mumbled as she got up from her seat, leaving her things on her seat.

she began asking stranger to use their phones, most said no since jackie asked if she could log into instagram. that was her only way to contact karl since she didn't have nor memorized his number.

she walked up to a slightly taller guy, "excuse me, sir." she tapped on his shoulder.

"yea- jackie?" he turned around, once he saw who he spoke to his once confused smile turned into a excited grin.

"qua- alex?" jackie took a step back to take in the presence of alex. he stood in front of her, waiting for her to say something.

"well hi!" she yelped, she greeted her as well.

before they could continue, jackie remembered what she needed in the first place.

"can i use your phone and log into my instagram?" she hesitated, he cocked his head to the side.

"don't you have your phone?"

jackie shook her head, she began explaining her situation to alex, "so basically i was woken up on the plane, i was the last one in the plane so i rushed out and forgot my phone and i was going to text karl so he knew i landed but obviously i don't have my phone so..yea."

alex's eyes widened, he began laughing at the embarrassed and panicked girl in front of him.

"leave it to you to lose your phone at the airport." he teased, "no no i didn't lose it, i misplaced it." she defended.

he shook his head, "okay well i can text karl that we're together and we can head to the lost and found."

jackie started to relax, she went to grab her things and the two were on their way to the lost and found, following various signs to do so.

-

"he wants to talk to you." alex said, giving the phone to the shorter girl.

"hey karl!" she greeted, "jackie where is your phone?"

she began to start nervously laughing, "uhh on the plane?" she mumbled.

"so you lost it?"

jackie took a deep breath, "no, i misplaced it."

"okay you lost it, are you at the lost and found or something like that?" he asked, "yeah," she looked towards alex. who was talking to a woman at the lost and found desk.

"alex is talking to a lady right now, we have it under control." she said in confidence, "okay good, i'll be there in thirty minutes." he responded.

"okay, see you soon." she bid him farewell, hanging up. she took her things and walked to where alex was.

the lady looked at jackie, "you're the one that's missing your phone, corrected?" alex moved to the side so jackie was now directly in front of her.

"yes, that's me." she responded, the lady nodded.

she started asking jackie questions, "what flight were you just on?" jackie looked down at her ticket, "flight DL356, i departed from the seattle-tacoma airport." she responded.

the woman began typing, her face stayed emotionless.

jackie and alex patiently waited, talking about each other's plane rides.

"okay," she began, jackie and alex brought their attentions back on her. "well the flight you were on has already left this airport."

"can you describe how your phone looks like?" she asked a concerned jackie, "it's an apple iphone, it's purple with no case and various bubble stickers on it."

the woman nodded, she then left the desk to look through the lost and found.

"no case? really jackie?" alex laughed, jackie looked at him, "it gives it personality." she argued.

"personality of being lost."

"misplaced!"

the lady came back with nothing in hand, jackie's confidence plummeted to the ground, knowing her chances of getting her phone back were slim.

"i'm sorry ma'am, there's nothing in the back with your description. we can contact the staff on the flight to see if your phone found by another passenger, we would need your contact information and address if it is found. it's up to you."

jackie nodded, "yeah let's do that," jackie gave her phone number, email address, and home address to the lady.

before she left the lost and found she asked one more question, "if you don't mind me asking, where is the plane heading to?"

"ontario, it'll come back to this airport after that flight." she replied. jackie's sighed in defeat, but she thanked the woman and grabbed her things.

alex followed and put his hand on her back, "you'll get your phone back, but now we're gonna have fun!" he exclaimed. jackie nodded, still unsure if she was going to ever see her phone again.

-

once jackie and alex were picked up by karl, jackie explained the situation to him.

as they drove, jackie looked out the window while alex and karl were in deep into a conversation about random things that jackie enjoyed listening to.

while listening to the two she wondered if dream had responded to her at all, she wanted to call him. she knew he would tell her that everything would be fine and she'd get her phone back, she just wanted to hear his voice.

in florida, dream didn't know what he wanted anymore. it was the next morning and jackie wasn't responding to him, he assumed that jackie was avoiding him.

he didn't know that jackie wasn't across the country anymore, he thought he'd ruin everything with her.

jackie fell asleep during the drive, not knowing she was basically ghosting a boy she had feelings for.

authors note

i decided to publish today!!!!

also someone just snitch and tell dream
that jackie was on a plane and lost her phone
so that's why she didn't respond please,
i feel bad 😔😔

also this chapter was based off of me,
literally one year ago today i lost my phone.
well misplaced, i left it in the bathroom and
it was never seen again 😭😭

it was in dallas 💃🏻💃🏻 i went for an
aventura concert, RIGHT BEFORE
COVID LOL and my mom was
rlly sick that wknd too sooo

good concert tho!!!!

vote & comment if you would like :)))