028, 3 months later

authors note
the chapter before will have important meaning
so please just remember that last chapter!!!!!

MAY 23rd!
JACKIE && KARL

"karl you can't rap for shit!" jackie laughed as karl finished his turn for jackbox. he turned to look at jackie who sat out of frame and on the floor.

"and you can't talk to a faceless guy for shit!" jackie's laugh was quickly cut off by her own silence, which was filled by the laughters of karl, nick, alex, tommy, clay, and the rest of the group.

jackie felt instantly embarrassed, he wasn't true. after the unexpected visit from her ex three months ago, the drunken tweets where she basically confessed her attraction to dream, and not knowing how to address those tweet directly to clay for the past three months.

between the both of them, they both waited to talk about it for the past three months. their interactions didn't lessen but the tension exceeded any sort of limit that was there.

in fact they did get closer, jackie also got closer to karl. he had visited once in march, she was on her second visit at karl's.

"karl, you can be so rude, especially to your guest." tommy muttered, "i speak the truth and the truth only." he responded with a stifled laugh.

jackie continued to stay out of the frame, watching her friends continue to play jack box.

-

TODAY 10:39 PM.

dream
wanna facetime?

jackie
right now?

dream
yeah

jackie
but karl's streaming

dream
who's karl?

dream
are you cheating on me?

jackie
no and for me to cheat on you,
i would have to be with you

dream
so what are you waiting for

jackie
no

dream
you're lame

jackie
you've asked me out
like 3848 times now

dream
and you've rejected
me like 3848 times now

jackie
correct

dream
sooo

dream
facetime :) !!???!!??!!??

jackie
fine

JACKIE :)
would like to facetime...

ACCEPT | DECLINE.

"who are you calling?" karl asked, looking back at jackie then back at his own phone to make sure he wouldn't run out of time.

"dream" jackie replied, karl placed his phone down on his desk and went over to jackie.

"hey dream, it's me karl. remember me? we barely talk now! you're always talking to jackie, kissing through the phone and stuff." karl teased, trying to speak loud enough for the viewers to watch.

"karl we spoke to each other like two hours ago, jackie and i don't even kiss that much." dream responded, adding on to the teasing.

jackie shook her head while nervously chuckling, "we don't kiss at all,"

"yet." dream said, causing karl to start laughing.

"dream, i can hang up whenever i want to." jackie scolded, "but the thing is, you won't." dream replied.

"he's not wrong." karl spoke, jackie playfully pushed him away. he raised his arms up, surrendering. he made his way back to his chair, going back to playing jack box.

jackie decided to go to the living to talk to dream, wanting some sort of privacy.

"karl, i'm gonna go to the living room" jackie yelled as she left the room.

"jackieeeeeee."

"clayyyyy."

"how are you, really." dream asked, jackie placed her phone against a pillow, showing only the fly-away's and a sliver of her forehead.

"hm, fine. happy, content with where i am." she told him, jackie asked dream the same question.

"i'm actually so good at the moment, except there's just a feeling that i'm missing something. i don't know what it is, or who, or where it is."

"that's normal, i'm sure that void will be filled soon, time will tell, just be patien-." jackie told him.

"can you sing something?" dream blurted out before jackie could finish her sentence.

jackie smiled internally, feeling a knot in her stomach. her favorite thing that dream told her was when he would complimenting her voice or singing.

"like what?" jackie questioned.

"you choose, you always do. i like your music taste." he told her.

"how about an original?" jackie hoped he would agree, she wanted to share one of her recent songs with somebody. dream was usually that somebody when it came to her other songs.

"like dye it red or care?"

"no a new one, it's called worth it."

dream laughed, clearly excited. "yeah, i mean, of course. what's it about?"

"about teenage infidelity and the mistakes someone can make when they're tempted by those things."

"sounds perfect, good, fantastic, i don't know, anything you write i will like anyway." he confessed, jackie's stomach felt like someone tied her intestines three times.

"fan" was all jackie could say, her music is one of the most precious things to her and dream complimenting her work makes her feel like the only girl in the world.

"ok, day 237." he mumbled.

"shush, i'm trying to to start my song." jackie said, the two laughed with one another before jackie started singing her song for the first time in front of somebody.

and of course, dream loved every lyric,
note, and second of it.

authors note,
um heyyyyyy
tysm for 157k <333333

hey to all the new readers as well!!!