015, mommy manola

quick authors note,
jackie friend, freya, looks like @isabella on
instagram, however you can imagine her
as anyone you want her to look like!

"this guy just asked you to go across the country?" the older girl questioned, putting another piece of popcorn in her mouth.

jackie shrugged and nodded, "well he was gonna come here, but i insisted to go over there." she placed her neatly folded clothes into her light purple, medium sized luggage.

"kie," freya expressed, a sense of concern flowed through her words.

"frey, he's not gonna kill me, he's not gonna hold me hostage, i'm going to be fine." jackie assured, zipping her
luggage closed, then placing it on the ground.

"who is this karl jacobs though?" she asked, jackie turned her attention onto her phone.

"he's the boy from mr. beast's videos, you watch him right?"

freya nodded her head, "oh okay, the short one." she laughed.

"he's literally 5'11, frey!" jackie defended, knowing freya stood at the lengthy height of 5'10.

jackie sighed, wiping her sweaty palms on her pants, she then grabbed the phone off her window ceil. 

"well, frey i think i'm gonna go now, my mom is coming over soon." jackie told her, freya understood and said goodbye to her close friend, hanging up quickly after.

jackie waited for thirty minutes until she heard a soft knock on her door, she smiled and ran to her door where her mother was on the other side.

jackie had always been closer to her mom than anybody else in her family, she told her everything that went on in her life and the short bus ride from her childhood home to
her apartment was something she was always thankful for.

her mother visits once or twice a month, otherwise the two talk on the phone for hours on end. she knew that jackie was going to north carolina, she just didn't know why.

jackie hadn't mention dream, karl, alex, or anyone else to her mom, she was never one that allowed jackie to have boyfriends. obviously, jackie had broken that rule multiple times.

"ma! it's so nice to see you," jackie perked with her arms wide open, wrapping her arms around her mother's back.

once jackie released her mother from her hug, she led her to her room.

jackie's mother sat on her bed, looking around at her cluttered room. "bakit marumi pa ang silid na ito?" (1) she questioned, picking up various things on jackie's bed.

jackie took the items from her mother's hand, placing them on a nearby dresser, she slightly laughed, "these are how do you say-mahalaga!" (2) her mother shook her head, attempting to stay serious. she smiled at her daughter, waiting for her to explain why she's going across the country.

jackie joined her mom on the bed, "so i'm going across the country," her mom nodded, already knowing this.

"it's because i'm meeting with my friends," jackie said, her mom gave her a suspicious look. "do i know them?" her mom quickly asked, jackie shook her head.

"no, and i know you don't like it when i have guy friends but like i'm pushing twenty-one and you still get upset when i bring my friends over when they're guys but these boys are very nice a-" jackie halted her words, her mother laughed at her daughter freaking out.

"jackie, i know about all your boyfriends." she told her, jackie's felt as if she had just shrunk due to her embarrassment.

"wait how, i'm hid them well!" jackie spoke, attempting to convince herself.