51. Last Resort

Jaden went limp in my arms just like I wanted her to. I didn't feel like dealing with her struggle right then. After rinsing her and myself off, I pulled us from the shower and quickly toweled her dry just enough to collect the stray droplets of water from her skin. After laying her down on the bed in my little basement dungeon, I grabbed my phone and activated the electromagnetic coil I had installed in the metal bedframe, the magnetic field strong enough to keep Jaden's cuffed wrists attached to the metal headboard. When she woke up, she was not going to be happy.

I decided to allow her body some time to rest and changed into a pair of black sweat pants and sat down in the chair next to the bed. Jaden was going to need the rest after the shit I was about to put her through.

I was done with this idea that she was going to beat me. That she was going to bring down my empire and escape me. The thought alone had me laughing inside at her adorable naivety. She had no idea the depths of my world and how far it stretched. It might as well run as far as the gates of Hell since I'd sent so many there already. She had no idea the distance I'd go, the things I would do, the number of bodies I would stack to keep her mine. I'd become so damn obsessed it was like a toxin, poisoning my mind, my heart, and even my cock. She was my drug, and it infuriated me how easily I'd become her junkie. It almost made me hate her for creating such a weakness for me.

I'd catch myself thinking about her in the middle of a gun fight, zero concern for the bullets blazing past me in the dead of night while I took comfort in the fact that I knew she was safe and sound, tucked away within the confines of my fortress and sleeping peacefully in my bed. Even when I'd gone to Vegas to visit Dom for three days, I still couldn't get her out of my head. I watched him discipline Dalia for her loose mouth and yet barely paid any attention to it, too concerned with Jaden and her request for friendships. I'd actually almost considered it.

After all the shit I dealt with just to try to keep her happy, she still thought to betray me. She still thought her loyalty belonged to her vendetta. She was dead fucking wrong about that. I owned her, and that fierce possession meant owning everything that she was. Her hopes, her dreams, her fears, and her faith all belonged to me, and I would uphold that custody with an iron fist.

I headed over to the thermostat and lowered the temperature even more than I usually kept it. I was going to make Jaden desperate for me, and forcing her to need my body heat would compel her to accept me for comfort. I'd tried to take the easy route with her, tried to give her a simple way to accept her life with me, and now, it was clear I was going to have to revert to the extreme measures I had hoped to avoid. I was going to use her own body against her until her mind accepted how much she truly needed me. I was going to force the dependency until it pained her to be away from my touch, from my love.

I didn't care how long it took. We would be down here for months if that was what it meant. Until I saw the truth in Jaden's eyes that she honestly and wholeheartedly believed that she was mine forever, that displeasing me was a personal failure, and that her plan for revenge was hopeless and unwarranted, she would never leave this room. I was done playing games. It was finally time for a real breakdown.

When Jaden finally stirred a half hour later, I felt excitement rise up again. Soft panicked gasps left her throat as she struggled against her restraints. She needed to get used to them. They'd be in place for a while.

When she realized she was getting nowhere, her eyes finally found mine as I remained relaxed in my chair with an open book in my lap.

"W-what are you doing?" she asked, her voice laced with uncertainty as her naked body began to shiver from the cold.

I glared at her and closed the book on my lap, placing it on the nightstand as I stood up.

"Waiting for you to wake up," I replied.

"Waiting for me to w-wake up like t-this," she said, tugging against her restraints again. "It's fucking f-freezing in here." I could see the goose bumps rising on her skin as her limbs shook to keep warm. It put a smile on my face.

"You'll be waking up like this for a while. How long will depend entirely on you."

"What are you t-talking about?"

"Who do you belong to, Jaden?"

She looked at me as if I'd lost my mind. Like I was stupid for not knowing this answer.

"You," she said, her eyebrows narrowing.

"And what else belongs to me?" I asked her, my arms folding across my bare chest as I regarded her.

Her confusion was evident as her eyes searched me for the answer.

"I... I don't..."

I knew she was struggling with what I wanted her to say. She knew exactly what else belonged to me, but she didn't want to say it. She could admit that her body belonged to me, but that was nothing compared to her mind, heart, and soul. And I'll be damned if they weren't in my pocket before I let her leave this room. Sunlight would not touch her beautiful skin until she gave me what I wanted.

"I'll give you a hint," I said. "It starts with the letter L."

Fear had sparked in Jaden's eyes before she shielded them from me, her lids closing tight over the amber I refused to be denied. Her body shook even more as she fought back the sobs I knew she wanted to release. And I welcomed them. I wanted her tears to coat my skin. I wanted her to shed them so she could move past her initial fears and give in to what was always meant to be. Mine.

Lowering myself to the bed, I placed my hands on either side of her head and leaned in.

"I may not have your love, and though that will come in time, it is not my immediate concern. My immediate concern is your lack of loyalty to the man who owns you. Treachery is not something I will tolerate as you've seen tonight, and you are no exception."

More silent tearless sobs racked her body as she tugged at her cuffs. I found myself pressing my lips to her forehead.

"We will be going back to the drawing board, Jaden. You will not leave this room until you've abandoned your hopes for revenge, and I am satisfied with your behavior. You will remain here until you understand that your loyalty to me is the only thing that will release you from everything you're going to endure down here."

More silent sobs, more shaking, and this time, the tears finally flowed. We were already making progress.

"I hope you're ready, princess. Because I have a feeling we're going to be down here for a very long time."

ↈↈↈↈↈↈↈↈↈↈ

4 chapters left