40. Rage

Slamming the door behind me, I stormed out of the room, leaving Jaden to wallow in her mess. With her injured, if I didn't leave now, I would have hurt her more.

"She doesn't leave this room without my direct orders," I commanded as I walked past Jaden's new guards.

"Yes, sir," they both said in unison.

I needed to clear my head before I handled Romero and Alex; otherwise, if I went in there now, they wouldn't walk out alive. I instantly regretted not bringing Clive and Owen. Aside from the one holiday, they were training with more of Scott's men to advance their combative skills as well as their observational ones. I wanted everyone who guarded my manipulative little spitfire to be sharp and ready for anything. The only reason that security wasn't as tight around her while we were up here was because no one really knew about this place except for my closest inner circle, and I wanted to see if Jaden could handle less security when she was treated to something as nice as this. Obviously not. She sounded like the damn younger sibling who taunted their older sibling to get them in trouble.

And hadn't she accomplished her goal.

I could barely catch my breath when I saw the wolf had her forearm between its teeth. Scott and I were just heading back to the house to get the truck to pick up the two bears we'd shot when I heard Jaden's scream. I'd never lifted my rifle so fast, never more grateful that my finger was already on the trigger. Jaden would have been dead, mauled to pieces in front of my fucking eyes. Another perfect fucking reason why I was always armed everywhere I went. Always.

I knew Scott would have been able to react the same way because the second my rifle was drawn, so was his. The moment I fired the first shot, the bullet drove straight into the wolf's body, taking it down. As soon as I saw it hit the ground and didn't get back up, I'd never run so fast in my entire life. I needed clarification that Jaden was okay, and I needed her in my arms to confirm that.

She was traumatized at first, barely able to speak, but the bite mark aside, she was otherwise alive. The anger I'd felt compared to nothing else when I realized she was alone, especially since Romero and Alex had allowed her to sneak out from right under their noses. I'd warned them about her, yet she was still able to play her tricks on the people who were supposed to be watching and protecting her. No longer.

Stepping outside for some air, I found Scott leaning against the side of the cabin, smoking a cigarette. As soon as he saw me, he pulled out another one and handed it to me. Lighting it with my own lighter, I took a long drag, inhaling the toxic smoke and exhaling my fury. I was not an avid smoker, but there were days when I felt I could smoke an entire pack with the stress of my life.

"How is she?" Scott asked, his gaze moving off toward the distance of the trees.

"She'll be hurting for a while, but she's fine."

Scott released a small snort. "What is your fascination with her?" His voice proved he was genuinely curious. He found my interest in Jaden entertaining, but I never gave him much reasoning for it.

"She amuses me," I answered, taking another drag.

"Lots of women have amused you in the past."

"This one is different. She's stronger than the others."

Scott nodded. "And is your intention to make her stronger... or weaker?"

I raised an eyebrow at his question. He didn't often question my methods and usually agreed with them, but he was most unfamiliar with this method.

"The only thing I wish to weaken is her quest for rebellion and revenge," I replied, exhaling another puff of smoke.

Scott chuckled. "I have a feeling your patience will be the thing that requires the most strengthening then."

I couldn't help but chuckle in turn. "You're probably right. Jaden is exhausting it as it is."

Scott smirked, his eyes full of agreement as he nodded. Jaden would come around eventually. Once she realized she would get nowhere with her games or attempts at manipulation, she would give up her fight and succumb to her life.

Finishing the last of my cigarette, I snuffed it out and threw the butt in the nearby ashtray.

"Ready to crack some heads?" Scott asked, flicking his butt into the same ashtray.

"Stop me if I go too far. I don't need them dying on me so Jaden can think she won."

Scott nodded and opened the sliding door back into the cabin and followed in after me. Storming into my office, the door slammed against the wall as I immediately went for Romero and Alex's throats and slammed both of them into the wall behind them.

"What the FUCK happened?" I bellowed.

They were smart enough not to bother fighting me. One snap was all it would take for me to kill them both.

"I-I don't know, sir," Romero started. "One minute, s-she was there; the next, she's g-gone," he said, his voice panicked and afraid. His hands were up in surrender so I could see them, but it didn't matter whether either of them surrendered. They were both fucked regardless.

"Do you know how long she was gone before either of you noticed?"

"Uh- no, sir, I don't."

"A half fucking hour, you stupid incompetent fucks. Do you know the kind of shit that girl can get into in thirty minutes?!"

"No, sir. We're sor—" Alex tried to pipe up, but I wasn't having any of it.

"She was almost eaten by a pack of fucking wolves! Do you realize that! Your job was to watch her, and she managed to get away from the both of you and nearly got herself killed! Her arm was torn to shreds because of you!"

I didn't wait for another word from either of them before gripping their throats even tighter and tossing their useless asses across the room. They landed in a heap on the floor across the room but were able to roll up onto their shoulders like they were trained to do. And that was when I commenced in beating the ever-living shit out of them. Two on one made no difference to me. I could easily take four, and I'd honestly wished these ass clowns would try to defend themselves, but they didn't bother. Instead, they'd only hoped I wouldn't beat them to death. It wouldn't be the first time I'd done it.

Scott stood in the corner, leaning against the wall, his arms crossed with a fresh smirk on his face as he watched. He knew this would happen, and he loved the violence just as much as I did.

By the time I was done, my fists were sore and covered in blood while Alex and Romero laid on my office floor, covered in my brutality and barely moving.

"The only reason the two of you are still breathing is because Jaden very clearly wanted you dead, and she was betting on me killing you. I will not be giving her the satisfaction. But neither of you will be going near her again. You're being transferred out. You should be fucking thankful."

The two of them mumbled something unintelligible, but I shook my head ignoring it.

"Get someone to clean them up and out of my fucking sight. I want them in New Mexico in twelve hours."

Scott nodded and spoke into his tech watch that doubled as a communication device. "Eric, get your ass in here," I heard him say as I walked out the door and down to the gym. I had some serious fury to unleash, and if I found another body, it probably wouldn't last much longer than Romero and Alex did.

ↈↈↈↈↈↈↈↈↈↈ

Share your thoughts