Friends (smut/fluff)

{GoF ||The months they spent after the second task}

"Love you darling" Sirius smiled placing a small kiss on his niece's head.

"Love you too Pads, see you soon okay?" she sighed.

"Real soon" he nodded with a sure smile.

After Caitlin and Remus left Sirius in the alleyway in Hogsmead, they walked up the street and made their way towards the Hogwarts entrance to watch Harry in his second task.

"I think we might be slightly late" Remus mumbled as they entered through the gates, their minds slightly blank from the kiss they had shared only moments before Sirius interrupted them.

"Will they let us in?" Caitlin asked, turning her head to him as he shrugged and scratched the back of his head with a wince.

"Maybe we should just leave it?" He suggested, "I'm rather tired"

"Yeah...yeah same" Caitlin nodded slowly, eyes distant as she walked down the path.

The atmosphere was awkward. Where do they go from here? They spent four months apart and then just kissed.

A hot, passionate kiss.

God it was good.

"I have some tea back at my flat" Caitlin piped up, noticing that they were still walking in the same direction, neither one really wanting to part just yet after spending so long from each other, "Would you like some?"

"You have a flat?" Remus questioned in confusion, brows furrowed as he stopped in his tracks, Caitlin picking up on the slight proudness in his eyes at her stability.

"Yep, it's near the Weasley's burrow, you know Ottery St. Catchpole?"

"I think so yes" he nodded surely before sending her a kind smile and gesturing for them to go, "Yes, let's go"

They apparated to the edge of the small muggle village, not wanting to alert any of the non-wizards and walked down the street in silence.

She craned her head to the side slightly and saw Remus walking with a slight wince. Recognising that the Full moon was that night she let out a sympathetic sigh and moved closer to him comfort.

"Where will you be going tonight?" She asked gently.

"I suppose I will have to find some woods" he mumbled back bitterly, hating everything he was, especially after that night. His claws gashing trough the skin on her chest and pushing her back as he turned into the monster he was.

"There's some woods on the outskirts of here, why don't you transform there and then you can come back to my flat? I will take care of you" she suggested eagerly. 

Whether he had been a complete and utter prick to her or not, she loved him...and whether that love controlled her head or not, she still wanted to help.

"That's very kind of you Caitlin..." Remus sighed sadly, watching her unlock the door to her flat and nod for him to enter, "But I can't ask you to do that, I don't want to be a burden"

"A burden?" She laughed, as he took a seat at her coffee table, soaking in her home whilst she made her way to the kitchen, "I use to do it all the time, and it helped you"

"Yes but that was...well, that was when we were at Hogwarts, It was in my own private quarters, this is your personal space...I can't ask you to-"

"Do shut up Remus" she sighed, plopping two teabags into some chipped mugs and hearing him chuckle tiredly as the kettle boiled, "You're fine, definitely not a burden, I want to help"