Chapter Eight

Skyla Shigaraki POV:

As usual, I didn't know what to feel.

It was my second day at U.A and I dreaded going. Dabi had reminded me last night of my siblings and why I should do my absolute best to be sure never to run into them again. I'd be lying if I said I agreed with him. I of course listen to whatever Dabi says, but I can't help but feel like I need to know if my siblings were okay, and what had happened that night.

I walked into the girls bathroom and found it empty, to my relief. Still I found a stall down the back and went in, closing the door behind me. I quickly pulled out extra gloves from my school bag, as Bakugo had decided to have a race with his friend Kirishima into school grounds, resulting in him flying across with his explosions. I couldn't care less, but one of my gloves flew off, and I freaked, quickly tucking my right exposed hand to my chest, covering it with the other. I didn't and still don't know if anyone had seen my purple stitched-up hand. No one had said anything so I assumed I was ok.

Turns out I was wrong.

After putting a new glove on in the rest room, I walked out, flushing the toilet to make it seem like that what I was doing. When I walked out however, I was met with a face I had hoped to avoid for the time being.

Shoto Todoroki.

"Shigashi, a word please." he spoke in his monotone voice, his heterochromic eyes staring into my very own - not that he knew with my contacts.

"I'd rather not." I declined, beginning to walk away. I felt a firm grasp on my wrist and I gasped, before turning around and yanking his hand off, which then took off my glove he had his grasp on.

Todoroki's eyes went wide as he stared at my hand and wrist.

(Looks a little like this - Not my art)

Shoto Todoroki POV:

"Shigashi, a word please." I spoke, blocking her way of leaving the girls bathroom. I had been trying to find her for ages after I thought I saw something odd when walking into school, something purple on Skyla Shigashi's hand. I thought it was possibly bruises, so I was concerned for her, and I wanted to see if she was alright, for they looked very familiar somehow.

"I'd rather not." she declined, leaving me a little stunned. I wanted to talk to her so desperately I didn't even think of what I was doing, and before I knew it I had suddenly grabbed hold of her wrist. She let out a gasp which shocked me, and she turned around and detached my hand from her wrist - not before I could use two of my fingers to pull the glove off.

I was frozen. I felt like I couldn't move. I had presumed she had some sort of bruise or mark, but nothing I had ever imagined could compare to this.

Her hand was attached to her wrist by what looked like staples where it connected to this purple marked skin. I was horrified, but I tried not to show it.

"There," she whispered, her outstretched exposed hand slowly retracting to her chest, where she then cradled it with the other hand. "You're happy now, right?" she looked down at the ground, where she then mumbled something and sighed.

"I..." I couldn't bring myself to say anything to Shigashi. The girl intrigued me so much more now. No normal person just happens to have stapled skin and what looked like extremely severe burns.

"Horrific? Ugly? Disgusting? I know, you don't have to say it out loud," she spoke, her voice so plain with little to no emotion. Shouldn't she be crying? Yelling? Angered even? What's with this girl? "Just don't go repeated that you saw this to anyone else, or you'll regret it, Todoroki Shoto." I flinched at her tone. Her voice and expressionless face were still the same, but my name was spat out with such venom laced in her voice... it almost sounded like she hated me.

She walked off, tugging her exposed hand closer into her clothing, attempting to hide it.

"W-wait!" I called out, finding myself surprised I stuttered. "You might need this." I extended my hand out, holding the black glove. She stopped walking away and turned around, facing my direction.

"No, I think I'm good, Todoroki dear." Again with the horrid way she said my name. I was about to object before I then noticed the glove completely gone from my hand, replaced with a tiny pile of dust.

***

It was the first class of the day, and I had walked into class a few minutes after Skyla Shigashi, wanting to give her some space after what had just happened. I felt horrible - I never should have done that. I should have never removed her glove.

"Which one of these English sentences is wrong?" asked Present Mic, as his eyes glazed over at all the extremely bored students of class 1-A. "Todoroki! You're late! Just like Shigashi? Your reason? Hmmm?" he yelled at me as he ran over to the door I had just opened. My eyes looked all around the class until they settled on Shigashi, sitting diagonal to my desk just like the first day, her eyes closed. Her hand seemed to be covered with another glove, and she seemed so peaceful, just sitting there, not a care in the world I believe. Wait - what am I thinking? I had just disrupted this girls personal space and invaded myself into something that was none of my business to begin with. I shouldn't let myself have such thoughts.

"Present Mic to Todoroki, are you there? Over." spoke our English teacher, acting as if he was talking through a walkie-talkie. I then realised I must have not answered him.

"My apologies, I was late because I went to the bathroom, but there was a line."

"Hmmm yes I believe you are telling the truth!" Present Mic yelled, accidently activating his quirk. I flinched at the sudden loud sound, where I then noticed Shigashi's blue eyes on me, not a hint of emotion to give what she was thinking away.

"Hey Shigashi! Your brother's answer was way better than yours!" yelled out Mineta, staring between us both.

"I said he's not-" Skyla Shigashi started, only to be cut off.

"Yeah, at least find an excuse next time, rather than telling the teacher to f off!" laughed Sero.

"Whatever." Shigashi and I both said at the same time, our eyes going wide a fraction.

"Aww, twin telepathy! That's adorable!" squealed Mina Ashido, obviously ignoring what we had both said about us not being siblings.

I sat down in my seat, passing Shigashi on my way there who had already closed her eyes again.

"Alright everybody heads up! Let's get this party started!" yelled Present Mic, trying to bring the class back to the English discussion.

Still, I can't help but feel like there is something between Shigashi and I... something she knows but I don't.

Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment if you enjoyed this chapter!