Chapter Seven

Shoto Todoroki's POV

"Fuyumi?" I asked, calling out to my older sister.

"What is it Sho?" she replied, her head coming around the door of my room as she walked in with a smile on her face.

"What was the name of my twin again?"

Fuyumi's breath hitched, her eyes going wide. "W-why would you want to know?" she quietly asked, her head looking toward the ground. She clearly hadn't guessed I would ask something like this out of the blue.

"Because I think she's in my class, but I'm not too sure." I replied, watching my older sister for any signs that she knew anything he didn't.

"Shoto...do you truly remember her?" she asked, coming down and sitting next to me on my bed.

"Not much, but I do remember a few things... like us both hiding with Touya from dad, or reading stories with mum," I responded, looking at my hands. "But other than that, I do not remember much."

I looked over to see Fuyumi smiling, even though a few tears were falling down her face. Fuyumi was the eldest in the household, with Touya gone. If anyone would remember the most of their two dead siblings, it would be her.

"Fuyumi...what if they didn't die? What if they are out there, and-"

"Shoto. That's enough. We gave up that hope a long time ago," interrupted Fuyumi, her voice stern yet quiet, like she didn't want to hear what he had to say, because it was hurting her too much. "Besides, we all saw the evidence that they were killed by their own flames."

I couldn't help but think differently. It was true what Fuyumi said, that they did find limbs and burnt clothing...but what if that was all set up? I couldn't shake the fact that there is a slight possibility, that my siblings are out there, and I've never known.

Skyla POV

I walked through the bar, ignoring the comments from Spinner on how dirty I looked. Instead of biting back and making him regret the words, I just flipped him off and walked upstairs, throwing my school bag in the wall opposite of me. I was too tired to deal with anything right now.

"How was your first day?" I heard a deep, monotone voice from behind me. I jumped a little out of surprise. Dabi was the only one who ever managed to sneak up on me without me noticing.

"Shit." I responded, making him chuckle at my words. I flopped onto my bed, my red and white hair splaying all around my head as I closed my eyes.

"I fucking hate the school so much and everyone in it," I sighed, opening my eyes to stare at the ceiling above me.

"I know you do, but this mission is really important to the boss." Dabi replied, resting his body against the door frame, hands in his pockets as he looked at me with his bright blue eyes that shone as bright as our flames.

"I know... it's just..." I couldn't bring myself to say the words I really wanted to say.

"What?"

"Dabi I can't go back there-"

"Why not?"

"Because I just can't-"

"That's not a reason, Skyla." Dabi's voice was stern yet gentle as he sighed, walking over to me. He sat down in front of me as I sat up, my hair falling onto my face, where I then pushed it behind my ears, revealing my multicoloured eyes I so desperately hated. I hated my eyes so much that I covered them with contacts, so they just seemed a light blue, unlike my real eyes, being bright blue on one side, and a white-grey on the other. The only time I removed my contacts was when I was at home, with the League. My true family.

I felt like a little kid again as he sat down in front of me, staring up as I had my head down.

"Can you smile for me?" he whispered. I looked up at him to see hope in his eyes.

"I-I can't," I responded even quieter "I don't know how."

Dabi looked at me in sympathy, before then reaching up and embracing me in a hug. He didn't know the problem, of why I couldn't feel any other emotion other than anger or numbness. He had a hunch it was to do with when they were younger, but he still didn't know, nor could he risk taking us to a well experienced doctor or scientist - not with their background.

I hugged back, my eyes glazing over. I wanted to feel something! Anything! But I couldn't no matter how hard I tried.

"I saw him, Dabi," I whispered into his shoulder.

"Who?" he responded. I could tell he was thinking of many people that had hurt them.

"Shoto"

I heard his breath hitch and his whole body tensed up.

Dabi POV

I froze, my entire body tensing up. My little sister, who I had risked everything for and will continue to do so, had met him. Her twin brother, one of my younger siblings. She was most likely brought back to memories we tried to hard to forget, memories that slowly destroyed us from the inside without help from each other.

But if she had seen, no, met Shoto... then that would mean she would have seen Endeav-

"Skyla...did you see-"

"No. I haven't seen him, not yet anyways." came her small reply. She was 15, yes, but she was still so young compared to me. Her lack of emotions I could tell drove her to near insanity, but I was always there to help.

"Shoto's in my class. The entire class believes we are related, but I'm not sure if he would even remember me." Skyla continued, her head still against my shoulder in our hug. Her red and white hair was against her back, trailing down to her waist. It always reminded me of Shoto, but I tried not to say anything.

If Shoto was in her class, then it meant I have to get her out of it straight away.

"I'll ask boss if I can change you to a different class, would that help?" I asked, letting go of her to look up at her face.

"No, it's alright. I want to meet him again." She stared at me, her eyes felt like they pierced my heart at those words.

"Sky-no, please no. I get that you want to meet him again but then you'll be faced with him." I was stressing. I wasn't sure about this at all. We never said his name out loud. Our true father. The fucking number 2 hero. Endeavour. Skyla seemed to tremble a little at his words. I could tell the memories of screams and pain were echoing through her mind, but this is why I had to protect her, so no more of those horrid memories were added to those already tormenting the both of us.

"I-I know. But I'll do all I can to make sure I'm never faced with him again. I want to meet my twin again Dabi, maybe even the rest of our siblings too-"

"Skyla, please stop this. I know what you're feeling, trust me I do, but I can't let that happen." I responded, my voice breaking. I could tell my eyes were giving away the fact I was begging her. I wish I could tell what she was thinking but her face or eyes.

She sighed before standing up and picking the smashed photograph of our old life, our old family.

"You smashed it huh?" I asked, staring at the cracked glass.

"Yeah, seeing their faces was pissing me off."

I smiled.

I just wanted to keep her safe, I don't want those monsters coming near her again.

Thankyou so much for reading! This book is still quite new and it's the first Wattpad story I've written. I greatly appreciate every one of you who takes their time to read this book.

Don't forget to vote and comment if you liked this chapter!

Love, Salsn_ :)