"Fan-Fuckingtastic!"

Começar do início

"But there's so much more, i'm finally seeing my parents and brother again tomorrow, there's this whole thing with my fathers company and i.. i have to tell my friends and family about that miscarriage at some point, i want to visit pierce's grave.. i need to undo this mess and get my shit together, i am so tired of running away from my problems.." i explain, finally letting go of everything i've been holding in.

He looks down at his lap and sighs before looking up to meet my eyes "i understand.."

I smile sadly at him "you're an amazing person.. and if thing's were different, if i'd sorted my shit out 3 years ago or even before i'd known about your intentions.. i would've loved you so much, exactly how you deserve to be loved. You deserve to be with someone who isn't going to lie to you, cheat you and do things half heartedly like i did. And i am so very sorry for everything that happened, Hunter. I truly am and i get that you may probably never forgive me... or maybe you will but wounds never disappear, they only heal and leave scars." I tear up as i speak, because i genuinely mean every word.

I hurt this wonderful man in front of me who's already been broken before, and if things were different i would've chosen him.

"If things were different you would've still found your way back to Nathan, Anna. You two clearly can't stay away from each other.. i really do wish the best for you, and maybe in another life time.. i'll be your first option. But i'm not in this one, and that's okay... thank you for being honest with me." He smiles, its watery but i'll take it because i know he's hurting.

I stand up and pull him into a hug, a very tight one. "Why does this feel like a goodbye hug?" I mumble, on the brink of crying. I feel a laugh rumble through his chest "it might just be..." he mumbles, pulling away.

I smile at him again "i'll see you around" he nods, i lean over and press a soft kiss to his cheek before grabbing my coffee and leaving.

As i walk down the street to my car i wipe away the tears that i let escape once i walked away.

This hurt. Walking away from someone like this again hurts so much i can physically feel it.

I shake a little as i pull off the street and head down to the mall, soft music playing over my speakers from a very mellow spotify playlist.

Once parked i check the time and quickly head into the mall, my flight leaves in 3 hours and i'm 10 minutes away from the airport which gives me about an hour to shop.

I go from store to store but i just can't seem to find anything i'm looking for. I need something different, something elegant that screams 'comeback'.

After all, its been 3 years since i've been to a christmas ball, and 3 years since people have seen me in town. I ought to make a grand entrance.

I walk into a store that looks promising and look through their selection, my eyes scan the materials and colours but nothing seems to catch my eye.

I'm about to turn around and give up when a lady approaches me "may i help you?" She smiles, i return it "i was just looking for a gown, its for a huge christmas gala thing.." i trail off, looking around.

She grins "i think i have something you might like, follow me" i nod and begin tailing the woman, she takes me to a rack towards the back of the shop and pulls out 2 stunning gowns with completely different aesthetics.

I stare at them in awe as she hangs them up for me.

One's a beautiful shade of blue with thin straps and a sharp V neck with a sinched waist and covered in tiny sparkles that shimmer elegantly when they catch the light.