Chapter Six: The Clairvoyant

Começar do início

With everything planned I go outside again. "What time is it?", I ask.
Hongjoong looks at his pocket watch.
"1:37pm.", he replies.
"Should I go on the mast and look out for the city?"
"If you want to."
I climb up the main mast. For most of the time there is nothing happening, so I just sing to myself. After an hour a ship appears to our right.
"There is a ship to our right, captain. You should navigate slightly to the left otherwise we might crash.", I shout.
"Okay."
Hongjoong spins the wheel to the left side. A few minutes later I am able to look onto the other ship. It's a small ship with barely enough space for the two people on it and it's a little bit faster than our ship. The two man wave at us as they sail past us. Of course me and Hongjoong greet them back. I can see how they kiss before one of them disappears through the hatch and they get out of my field of vision.
Cute. It's good to see that you can love anyone nowadays without getting judged. At least in most countries.
I guess in the Nekra Kingdom it would be a reason to be executed but then again from what I have heard from Yeosang and Wooyoung, you can also get executed for simply existing. It is a miracle that the islands are still so populated with the amount of people that get killed there.

After another hour of singing and zoning out I can finally see it the tip of the Vretebaerj, the mountain on which the whole city is built upon with the council hall on its summit.
"I can see the island!", I shout.
"Nice then we will reach the city in about 45 minutes.", Hongjoong exclaims.
After a few minutes the hatch opens and Seonghwa and Wooyoung step onto the deck. While Seonghwa goes to the captain's cabin, Wooyoung climbs up the main mast and squeezes himself next to me.
"What are you doing here?", I ask him.
"I'm bored."
Oh no! He has come to annoy me.
Wooyoung wraps his arms around me and puts his head on my shoulder.
I sigh.

"We have quite a beautiful view right now, don't you think?", I say while watching the island getting closer and closer.
Wooyoung looks at me.
"Yeah. But do you know what is beautiful too?"
Oh, I know what is coming next.
"No."
"Our youngest crewmate.", Wooyoung says with a flirty smile.
Even though I knew this was coming, I can't help but feel flustered and hide my face behind my hand.
Wooyoung giggles.
"You're so cute."
"Don't say that. I am a lot more mature and wise than you. You are still like a baby.", I try to tease him back and squish his cheeks but he just laughs. He tries to kiss my cheek but I pull away from him.
"What are you guys doing up there?", Hongjoong shouts and giggles.
"We are just playing around.", Wooyoung screams back.

We finally reach Vretefokl. Hongjoong parks the ship safely at the busy harbor. Before we start exploring the city we quickly gather on the main deck.
"We are finally in Vretefokl. The question now is: Do we visit the clairvoyant first or do we buy everything we need first?", Hongjoong says.
"It depends on who closes first. What time is it?", Yunho asks.
"4:22pm."
"I think we should go to the marketplace first before a lot of the things are sold out.", Yeosang argues.
"That's a good point.", Mingi says.

The crew agrees to buy the things we need first. We walk up the main road that winds around the tall mountain. On our way we pass by Vretefokl's signature stone houses, musicians playing in the streets and people of different cultures. Me and Hongjoong try our best to keep the group together, so we don't loose anyone in the city's busy streets while the rest walks around with their mouths wide open trying to take everything in.
We reach the marketplace. I briefly wink at San and Mingi to remind them of our plan.

We squeeze ourselves through the crowd as Mingi and San start to act up, trying to get away from the group and look at all of the booths. Hongjoong and I try our best to hold them back but they keep bothering our captain that they want to explore the marketplace. After a while he gets really annoyed with them, so I suggest that I will look around with them because I already know the city while they buy everything in peace and then we will meet back at the ship.
Hongjoong agrees.
Yes! Everything is going according to plan. I take Mingi and San by the hand so I don't loose them and try to find a booth that could sell jewelry boxes. After ten minutes of searching, we come across a seller from Tongcheok who has five beautiful jewelry boxes. Two of especially caught our eyes. One of them is covered in a black fabric and has a golden dragon winding around it. The top is covered in a golden pattern.
The second one is made out of wood and has a beautiful cherry blossom pattern engraved in it.
"They are both beautiful.", I say.
"I think the dragon one suits Hongjoong's personality more.", Mingi argues.
"But the flowery one is very cute, just like our captain.", San states.
"Hmm, yeah. Let's go with the dragon box. I think it goes better with the other stuff he has in his room.", I say.
"We would like to buy the jewelry box with the dragon on it.", Mingi tells the seller.
"12 gold and 50 silver, please.", the man says with a strong accent.
"That seems a little bit much to me. I saw some for cheaper earlier. How about 11 gold?", Mingi tries to bargain.
The man looks at him angrily.
"I'm sorry for my friend. He didn't mean it like that. Here is the money.", I apologize and give him the gold.