chapter 84 ~ 𝒐𝒓 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒔𝒆

Start from the beginning

     "I'm so fucking tired," he breathed. "I just want all this bullshit to end; I'm so fucking sick of it."

     Yumin remained quiet, her fingers picking absently at his shirt as she stared off into the distance. Lowering his forehead into the crook of her shoulder, the brunet blew a gust of breath from his nose, sending shivers down her spine as he curled closer against her broad form. He let his eyes flutter closed, feeling his limbs grow numb as he moaned under his breath. Everything felt completely off and he couldn't place any emotion in his head. It was like being trapped inside of a funhouse; the constant turning and shifting making him nauseous and shaky, minus the fun.

     "I-I'm trying as hard as I can, Jungkook. I'm trying to fix everything, and I know you're tired-"

     "You can't fix everything, angel."

      "But, I can try. I couldn't stop Rachel from hurting you, but I can stop her from hurting anyone else now. We just have to get this over with. Once she's tried guilty, I can focus on Yura..."

     Jungkook absently trailed his lips up her tanned neck, marking her skin red around the collar of her black button-up. Groaning softly, Yumin tilted her head back against the wall as she fisted her hand in his silky hair. He cupped the side of her face, kissing her gently as his thumb brushed along her cheekbone.

      "Once Rachel is gone for good," he mumbled, pulling away, "I'm not going to stop until Yura's in the same position as her. He shouldn't be out on the streets, Yumin, and you know this."

     "I know... but, maybe...if I just keep him away from you-"

     "There's no 'but' about it. Yura needs to be put in jail. Immediately."

      Pulling away, Jungkook looked Yumin dead in the eye as her spine went rigid with shame. She averted her gaze to the floor, a blush blossoming over her dolled-up face as he kept their distance to a minimum. He felt slightly disappointed in her at hearing her grow defensive at the mention of throwing Yura in jail, but he was well aware of her sick attachment to her ex. With a sigh, Jungkook stepped back, allowing Yumin to breathe normally as she'd been holding her breath with him so close.

     "I'm not going to stop until he's behind bars, Yumin. I know you know that's what's best."

     Yumin could only nod, keeping her lips sealed as she adjusted her sleeves to roll and button them above her elbows. She looked masculine, more masculine than normal, and the maknae found himself getting lost in the sight of her. Dolled up for something no person would enjoy, yet her expression quickly hardened until it was almost completely emotionless.

     Feeling his back tingle, Jungkook beckoned the brunette with his hand towards the bedroom door. They were running late on time, and if he didn't make to leave now, he might not have the courage to show up at all.

_

     The hushed voices of everyone in the courtroom made everything ten times as unnerving. The seven of them twirled about slowly on the heels of their dress shoes, taking in every inch of the wide, spacious wooden room. Jungkook stood at the front, beside his lawyer, a short blonde adorned in a dark blue blazer and trousers for show. In the row behind sat Sejin, Yumin, and Seokjin, being the second most important witnesses in the case of Rachel's trial. Yumin sat tall, body froze in her seat, eyes trailing over every inch of the room in search of the sickening brunette. She tried not to convey any emotion on her face, but everyone else knew what was going through her head. Murder. She wanted Rachel dead, and they knew that having her behind bars would never be enough.