thirty-two

"fallin' for him was like fallin' from grace"
- heaven, julia michaels

𝐉𝐎𝐘𝐂𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐁𝐈𝐍𝐒

After our date, Harry and I nearly spent every day together for the next week.

Whether that be him coming over and having another one of our movie nights or us going out for late-night walks together. We had even hung out with Julia and her girlfriend once. Julia insisted her girlfriend and Harry meet as they would have a lot in common...I wasn't so convinced at first but it didn't take long for them to converse about the tattoos that they both shared for over an hour.

I had gotten so accustomed to seeing him every day and now, a little less than a day later, Harry was back over at my apartment as I attempted to show him how to bake classic chocolate chip cookies.

I was nervous to invite him over at first because although we had been spending every day glued at each other's side, we mostly stuck to movies and such so I wasn't sure if something as juvenile as making cookies would appease him.

I guessed wrong because he would not stop eating the cookie dough while we were waiting for the first batch to cook in the oven.

"Harry!" I laughed, trying to grab the spoon from him, "Stop! We still have another batch to make!"

He thought it was funny as he leaned against the counter, raising the spoon above my head where it was impossible for me to reach.

Fine. Two can play at that game.

Harry was much taller than me— as were most people, so I marched up to him and got on my tiptoes, planting my lips on his and a notable gasp left his mouth as he began to kiss me.

I heard the spoon he was previously holding drop on the counter as his hands went around my waist, leaning down to move his lips with my own. I reached my arm around him as he leaned against the counter and blindly felt for the spoon, snatching it quickly once the cool metal was met with my fingertips.

In one quick motion, I pulled away, a popping sound was made between our lips as I did so. Harry looked at me confused for a second, until realization settled upon him, "That's a low blow, baby...using your pretty lips against me,"

Baby.

Only a four-letter word yet it held so much power over me. If he wasn't calling me Joy, it was baby.

And I loved it more than I would care to admit.

"What? You don't have anything to say now?" he teased

I blushed furiously but thankfully the timer for the cookies rang, indicating they were ready to be pulled out of the oven so I turned around to cover the redness that was apparent on my cheeks. Harry however just found this extremely amusing as I heard him chuckle from behind me.

The aroma of fresh cookies filled my entire living room and kitchen and Harry even tried to steal one before they were cooled down, inevitably leading him to burn his finger. I laughed lightly as I placed the other pan of cookies in the oven, "Karma for stealing the dough..." I sang, turning around only to completely run straight into Harry, who steadied me with his hands on my waist.

"You've had your fun, now I'll have mine,"

My back was flush against the cold metal of the fridge as Harry trapped my body against his own and the appliance. "I quite like this position, don't you, baby?" I felt his warm breath on my face and as I went to respond, I was cut off by Harry placing his lips on my neck. I let out an inaudible sound as he did so. His lips dragged dangerously slow up and down the base of my neck and it was beginning to get hard to stay still. His lips worked their way gradually up my neck...no sucking just small kisses until he reached the corner of my mouth. Suddenly, as I looked up at him, slightly breathless, his lips were on mine and I was immediately engulfed in his minty-herbal scent along with the taste of chocolate on his lips.