twelve

"better to leave it unsaid, why can't i
leave it unsaid?"
- talk too much, coin

𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐘 𝐒𝐓𝐘𝐋𝐄𝐒

Another day, another dollar.

It was always the same fucking routine.

Wake up. Go to work. Go home. Sleep. I was starting to go crazy.

The only thing in my life recently that had been keeping me on my toes was a certain black haired girl who seemed to only be happy for show.

After she brought me to get a couch- at her parent's store, might I add, that was the last time we spoke. Looking back, I realized I was a bit of a dick to her and her mum, but...the entire situation was just a little...unexpected. I was the exact opposite of a good guy and definitely every parent's worst nightmare...I had never even met a girl's parents before intentionally so how was I meant to react when Joyce's mum was standing right in front of me.

Either way, I felt bad the second I saw her eyes water up slightly which immediately made me soften up a bit.

What the fuck was she doing to me?

I couldn't deny that I was curious about her. Her very presence piqued my interest in many ways that just wouldn't allow me to let go of her completely...and stay away from her like I first intended to.

Part of me knew it was because of Max because she reminded me of him. It made me feel connected to him...in a weird way.

The other part of me knew he had nothing to do with me wanting to be around her. I knew that I acted as if I didn't care but that was just how I was on a daily basis. She set camp in my mind and it didn't look like she was going anywhere. I couldn't stop thinking about her last week.

I wasn't doing it on purpose...being an ass, my instincts just kicked in and I automatically reverted to my regular old self whenever I found myself getting too comfortable around her.

The fact that she saw me drunk out of my mind and that didn't phase me one bit, was proof that I was starting to let my guard down here. And I couldn't allow that. I needed to be more careful around her from now on. I would say I would avoid her at all costs but with her being my neighbour, and from what I know now with her being one of Alex's best friends, that would prove to be difficult.

"Hey Harry!" a chipper little voice said from beside me as I was stocking the records.

I turned around to see Charlie, smiling at me holding some sheet music in his hand. You would think he would stop talking to me after I never gave him the time of day but that seemed to only encourage him more.

I internally groaned and offered a nod to the boy, hoping it would be enough for him to leave me alone.

Of course, it did not.

"I'm learning how to play Let it Be now! Do you know who The Beatles are? My dad listens to them all the time!" he spewed out quickly.

I took a deep breath in, "Yeah I know who they are," I simply responded.

Charlie's eyes lit up at me actually responding for once, "Cool! Do you know any of their songs on the guitar? Wait- can you even play the guitar? I've never seen you-"

"No" I responded harshly, "I can't play,"

Charlie shrugged, opening his mouth and talking once more, but I tuned it out and continued stocking the shelves.

"So that's how I ended up-"

"Isn't your dad waiting outside," I interrupted him when I heard the sound of an irritating car horn beeping. Sure enough, Charlie glanced over his shoulder, looking through the clear glass door and nodding his head, "Yeah you're right! Thanks Harry! See you next week!" he shouted as he left the store.