I shook my head at him. "Try it, and I'll have your breathing privileges removed. Go ahead and tell Darren you let me get the drop on you... literally." I smirked.

He snickered, shaking his head and stalked forward toward the door, opening it just enough for him to step through.

"Enjoy the rest of your afternoon. I understand staring out the window is a pastime of yours." And then he slammed the door shut behind him.

Motherfucker!!!

I was not spending the rest of the day locked in this room because of that asshole. He wanted to play games with me? Well, game on, motherfucker.

He was fucking dead.

I charged for the closet to change my clothes and placed my coat, hat, gloves, and Camaro's little coat in a duffel bag and headed into the bathroom, leaving the bag on the counter. Heading back into the bedroom, I calmly ate my lunch, finishing about ninety percent of it and calling it a good effort. Walking back into the bathroom with Camaro in tow, I closed the door and turned on the faucet to the bathtub and began putting on Camaro's coat while it filled.

Once the tub was full, I turned off the faucet and put on my coat, hat, and gloves. Grabbing Camaro, I walked over to the bay window, slid it open and climbed out, jumping a few feet onto the soft padding of the snow. Luckily, no one was around as I placed Camaro on the ground and attached her leash.

Strolling off toward the trees, I wanted to put as much distance between me and that house as possible. I'd probably get in trouble for sneaking off, but I had a feeling those idiots would have it worse, so that made it worth it. Darren said I could go outside after I finished my lunch, and I did that. So as far as I was concerned, I had Darren's permission to go outside. My guards didn't trump him, and it wasn't fair that they thought they could take away something Darren had given me. So fuck them. I wanted them as dead as my freedom was. Besides, it seemed like Darren was trying to sweeten me over a bit, considering this whole trip. He'd ruin it if he brought hell down on me for sneaking away because my guards were assholes. They should have the same standard as a prison if that was going to be the case. Guards were not encouraged to taunt prisoners; it makes them want to do all kinds of bad shit, but if you treat them nicely and with respect, you'll have a much more compliant prisoner.

As we strolled, I kept a good grip on Camaro's leash. We walked for a good half hour before we finally came close to the trees. I'd adhere to some of Darren's rules and stay within my boundaries. I'd have that to barter over later, if it even mattered. A few minutes later, Camaro started barking at something moving around in the snow. And the moment I turned to look at what it was, I slipped on some hidden ice beneath me and crashed to the ground. My hand instantly loosened around the leash, and that was when Camaro took off running into the trees.

"Shit! Camaro, no!" I shouted, clutching my side and running after her. The snow was deep and thick, but Camaro was light enough to run through it while my footsteps sunk deep in the snow, making it difficult to keep up. "Camaro, stop!"

We were deep in the trees now as I tried to catch up to her, running as fast and as hard as I could. If I lost her out here, I didn't know what I would do, but I didn't want to find out. Eventually, she finally stopped at a random tree to bark at the damn critter as it climbed up the tree.

"Camaro!" I yelled, gripping her leash and pulling her to me. "No! Bad!" I yelled as I clutched her to my chest, attempting to catch my breath. She squirmed in my arms for a moment before she finally relaxed and licked my face. I sighed. "Please don't cause any more problems for me. You've done enough already."

I turned my back and headed toward the house, but the sound of a low deep growl had me stopping right in my tracks. I felt my blood freeze in my veins, and my senses went wild as a second growl reverberated through my entire body.