2

~—~    The school suddenly increased in volume after the second period of math was done

~—~
The school suddenly increased in volume after the second period of math was done. The kids were talking to each other while collecting their stuff, some already out the classroom before others.

I relaxed at the sight, starting to remember how calm I was in school before having to worry about 'adulting'.

"It makes you feel old, right?"

Slightly flinching, I turned my head and Mr. Park was leaning on his desk like I was, staring at me normally.

I softly laughed. "Yeah...it's crazy how the roles are reversed now. I'm going to be the cranky old lady yelling at everyone."

Speaking through his grin, he shook his head no.

"No, I think you're going to be fine. This job obviously isn't for everyone, but you seem to have yourself together. I feel like a classroom would connect really well with you."

My shoulders dropped now at his words, and I nodded into his reassuring eyes.

"Thank you..I really hope so."

"So, how old are you Ms. Kim?" He spoke, walking over to the classroom door. With his foot, he took out the green door stopper and let the door close behind him as he walked back over to the board.

"I'm 20. What about you?"

I watched him exercise his neck in motions from left to right before picking up the marker eraser.

    "What about me...I'm 24. Rare case, I know."

   I was expecting him to be young, but not that young. I think he noticed the surprise in my face when he held the eraser in his hand, smiling at me before turning back to the board.

   "Oh, I can do that if you want?" Raising to my feet, he immediately walked over and grabbed a hold of my wrist.

   The corner of his lips turned into a smile once again.

    "It's okay, I finished it. I have something I want you to help me with before I go on lunch, can you?"

    Close. He's very close.

    Trying not to get flustered, I let out air through my nose and returned the kind smile as I stepped back a little bit.

    "Sure."

   His gaze lingered a little, before finally looking down at his computer.

   Picking it up and opening it, he typed a few things before turning it around.

   Leaning in closer to him to read the computer screen, at the top it said "DO NOW" with tomorrow's date.

  "I just need to get a few problems on here. You think you can solve a few that you've made up and just make the worksheet?"