27: Hurt Feelings

Start from the beginning

I'm still sitting on the couch going through photos when Hoseok comes home, carrying two take out bags.

I hear him set the bags on the counter before he comes over and takes my laptop right off my lap "Heyyyy."

He sets it down on the coffee table before lifting me slightly and sitting down, forcing me to turn so that I'm straddling his lap. He presses his nose against my scent gland firmly and wraps his arms around my waist tightly. "I missed you, so much."

I hum and run my fingers through his hair "I missed you too."

"I'm still upset with you though."

"I figured."

He inhales deeply a few times before pulling away from my neck and pressing his lips to mine, his hands coming up to cup my face. We pull away a few seconds later but he pecks my lips a few more times "I hate these work trips with a passion."

I giggle "I don't like them either but it's my job. Just wait until you start going on tours. Or traveling with these boy groups more regularly."

"I'm definitely having Joon pull strings to have you come with me for tours."

"Good luck with that."

He rubs my hips slightly "Let's eat, I can feel your fever already starting and I'm sure you didn't get much sleep on the plane, you never do." I get off his lap and we go to the kitchen.

Hoseok opens the takeout bags and hands me what he brought home for me the grabs his own and we go back to the livingroom. While we are eating Hoseok's phone dings with a text and he checks it, nodding slightly.

"Chanyeol is coming over tonight. I have to leave pretty early so I wanted him to be here. He'll be here by midnight."

"Okay."

Chanyeol has been my emergency heat partner for about a year and a half now. When I was hired at Kim Entertainment and Hoseok started getting busier with his own job there we decided emergency heat and rut partners would be better to have than not and luckily Kim Entertainment provides that service.

We made sure both partners for us were Betas. Reason number one being Betas don't have a cycle and there wouldn't be issues there with either of us but really my heats since Hoseok and I still aren't mated. Reason two being that Hoseok isn't an Onyx and can get another omega pregnant, so we wanted to be safe. His rut partner is a smaller Beta named Minhyuk. We've only had to call Minhyuk in once but we've needed Chanyeol a number of times, mostly because my heats are more frequent and because I have no true pre-heat symptoms it often hits out of the blue and Hoseok isn't always able to just drop everything and come home.

We finish eating and Hoseok lets me clean up before he's ushering me into the bedroom. "You get some sleep, I'll stock up in here for you and Chanyeol. I'll be in bed within the hour I promise."

I nod and get in bed, Hoseok turns on the fan and then comes over and pecks my lips before leaving the room. I'm so mentally and physically exhausted that I'm asleep almost instantly.

---------------------------

Yoongi waves as I walk into the studio with my camera gear. I wave back and hand my extra bag to Kai "Everything is set up for the most part. We put the lights up but we know you're picky about lighting so we haven't put them anywhere yet."

"Okay, thank you."

"You okay Boss? You seem and smell off but emotionally."

I hum "Heat wasn't great."

"Is it ever when you have to use an emergency heat partner?"

I shrug "With Yeol it's normally perfectly fine. It just wasn't this time and I'd rather not talk about it."