Then I sob. I don't push my face into my pillow to stifle noise. Anyone who wants to hear me can. Because I can't run away from this.

"Claira?" My brother asks, walking into the room.

"Mason?"

"What happened?"

"I don't want to talk about it right now."

"I won't make you. But I'll at least lay with you."

"Okay."

He grab s a blanket off my bed and he sits next to me on the floor wrapping me in the warm blanket.

"Love you, Sis."

"Love you, Mase."

********************************

Claira's P.O.V.- the next morning

********************************

"It'll be okay. I promise," my brother says, trying to comfort me, though I know his words are a lie.

"Don't promise me things you can't go through with." He goes to respond but I cut him off. "Let's just go eat breakfast." I wipe my eyes off with my sleeve, then head out of my room.

I walk down the stairs, still in pajama pants and a grey sweatshirt, my hair down, not even slightly brushed.

"Morning, Claira. how did you sle-" my mom starts but pauses at the sight of my bright red, sleep deprived eyes, and my swollen face.

"I slept fine."

"Were you crying?"

"Yeah, I had a bad dream, that's all." She gives me a skeptical look and I show no sign of lying, so she brushes it off.

"Pancakes are ready!" she yells, to anyone who listens. Immediately, a stampede of boys comes charging into the kitchen. Jacob's not there.

"He'll be here," Isabelle assures, waking into the kitchen. "He has physically therapy. We had him switched down here for Thanksgiving Week."

"Oh. Okay."

As if on cue, Jacob walks through the front door, grimacing, but seeing pancakes and sprinting to the table.

"PANCAKES!" He yells.

I shake my head at him as he sits down. I grab a pancake, following his actions and sit down at the table.

Everyone chatters, and it's quite loud so I try to block everyone out, but end up zoning out int he process.

"Claire. Earth to Claire," Connor says, waving a hand in front of my face.

"Sorry, yeah?"

"I was asking if you're okay. It sounded like you were crying last night."

"I'm fi-" Is tart, but don't finish, as my brother cuts me off, clearing his throat and giving me a look.

I shake my head and communicate with my eyes. No.

Tell them, he instructs.

Never

"I'll do it," he mouths.

"You wouldn't dare," I mouth back.

"Are you guys using twin telepathy, or something?" Connor asks, interrupting us.

"Sure call it that," I respond turning back to Mason.

"Bet," he mouths back. "Mom, Claire had something to tell you," he speaks.

"I fucking hate you," I mouth to him and he smiles. Love you too.

"And that would be?" she asks. Damn it.

I don't answer, and instead go to my voicemail. after I had hing up last night, she sent me a voicemail, so I could explain to my family. I press play on the button, and Jacob looks at me, urgency showering his eyes.

The voicemail plays, explaining everything from what's going on, to prices and treatment. I don't look up, but I don't need to to see the disappointment on everyone's face.

"So what do you we do know?" Jacob asks.

"Simple," I respond. "We don't do anything, and hope I outlive it."
*********************

So, there's that chapter........

Anyways, I hope everyone liked it and and THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH FOR 500 READS. that's more than I ever expected.

I hope everyone had a good spring break, I know I did!

Have an amazing day yall!

-Sav<3

PS: GO READ MY NEW BOOK!