Chapter 40

The next morning, they ate breakfast with their younger brothers and father before Drako finally took out three of the necklaces –but didn't show them directly to the three skeletons– and explained what they needed to know, as well as what those necklaces represented to them. "BaSiCaLLy, In OuR OlD MuLtIVerSE, We HaD CrEAtEd ThOsE NeCKLaCES WiTH cRyStALs THaT oNLy ExISTeD IN a SpEcIfIc AU, AnD NoT EvEN ItS CopIEs HaD ThEM. So ThEY WeRE UnIqUE, ANd BOUNdEd us aS fAMiLY."

Gaster tilted his head to the side, not really understanding why Drako was suddenly talking about their necklaces, since he still hadn't seen the ones in Drako's hand as said hand was hidden behind his back. He had already guessed that it was some sort of family bound, considering how much they cared about those necklaces. Before he could ask why Drako was saying this, Torment continued. "What we were searching for yesterday, before meeting Vibrant, was those crystals, as we supposed that they should exist in this Multiverse like they did in ours. We were right."

Realization flashed across Gaster's face, while the two younger still looked confused, making the five brothers smirk. Demise was the next one to talk. "That being said, we found the crystals, and as you know, we kinda kidnapped Killer to carve them to make the necklaces." Demise nodded to Blade, letting him continue. "After catching up with Vibrant, Drako finished the necklaces, in which we put a bit of our magic to connect them to our own necklaces."

And Vibrant was the one to finish the explanation. "So now y'all need to put your own radical magic in 'em and you'll join our diggity darn amazin' family for good!"

Now, the three had completely understood what was happening. The youngest skeleton and dragon had bright smiles decorating their faces while Gaster's smile was slightly smaller but just as happy. 'I adopted the best kids in this whole Multiverse...'

No, he was absolutely not objective, but they were his kids, and they were the best. He wouldn't accept anyone denying this and would fight to prove his point. And fighting a dragon was not something anyone could do, mind you.

Drako took his hand from behind his back and opened it, letting the necklaces hang from their chains. "YoU NeED To PuT JuST A bIT Of MaGIc; ToO MuCH WOUlD DeSTrOY tHE CrYsTaLS."

The three nodded and went closer to him. Gaster was obviously first, as he was the one with the best control of his magic out of them all. Then went Sans, who was so scared to put too much magic he wasn't putting enough, making the process longer. Then it was Papyrus turn and Drako had to quickly take the crystals away from Papyrus, as he was putting too much magic because of his excitement, unlike his brother.

Once that was done, Drako attached the necklaces around Papyrus and Sans' necks before giving the last one to Gaster, who thanked him with a bright smile, his eyelights shining in happiness –which made Torment gag on the positivity, but nobody really cared, used to his antics– while he put the necklace on. Sans' crystal took a blue color with a soft purple tint, some specks of white acting like little stars. Papyrus' necklace became unsurprisingly orange, fading to yellow. A red swirl was in the middle of the crystal. Finally, Gaster's crystal turned black and purple with specks of white that, just like for Sans, looked like little stars. The three crystals glowed softly, as if accepting their new owners, before setting on their normal appearance. The brothers then made the three skeletons infuse their magic in their own necklaces, finalizing their family bound with each others.

"AnD dOnE! NoW YoU'RE oFfIcIaLly PaRT Of OuR FAmILy!" The ex-Destroyer smiled brightly, which warmed his brothers' SOULs, as he rarely smiled like this in their old Multiverse. "Yaaaaaay!" Papyrus screamed in joy, running straight toward his brothers and trying to hug them all at the same time. Which, of course, he wasn't able to do because of his small arms. Sans used the proximity to his advantage; affectionately nudging his big brothers, who cooed affectionately at the two. Gaster was the next one to come join the hug, barely holding back his tears of joy.