"That's what we're supposed to think. Whoever rigged this is very good," I said following some black and red wires. I was hoping they would lead me to the control panel.

"Isn't there?" Sherlock asked as he removed one of the cushions of the seats in the cars. "This is the bomb." There were enough explosives to take out a couple of city blocks. 

"What?" John asked shocked. I rolled my eyes, he had heard just fine.

"It's not carrying explosives. The whole compartment is the bomb." They kept looking under cushions finding more explosives. I finally noticed a loose floor panel when Sherlock stepped on it. He and I looked at each other before working the panel loose.

"Shit," I said looking at the massive device. This was a work of art, the time it would take to build this without blowing yourself up; it would take weeks if not months to build. One slip and the bomber would fall victim to his own device.

"We need bomb disposal," John said.

"There may not be time for that now," Sherlock said as I got down to get a better look. Holy shit. The space the unit was in was too tight to work it loose without setting it off and there was no way to get your hands inside to pull the wires. I hoped that there was some other way to stop this thing.

"So what do we do?" John asked.

"I don't know," Sherlock said looking at John. Sherlock had told me his plan to get John to forgive him. I told him he was an asshole for pulling this.

"Well, think of something," John said sternly. I just rolled my eyes.

"Why d'you think I know what to do?" Sherlock asked annoyed.

"Because you're Sherlock Holmes. You're as clever as it gets," John said, his voice getting louder.

"What am I? Chopped liver?" I asked.

"Doesn't mean I know how to defuse a giant bomb. What about you?"

"I wasn't in bomb disposal. I'm a bloody doctor," John said. Children, how was I the adult when one of these men was my father?

"And a soldier, as you keep reminding us all," Sherlock nearly shouted.

"Can't-can't we rip the timer off, or something?" John asked.

"That would set it off," Sherlock said.

"You see? You know things," John said.

"Would you both stop bickering? You aren't 5 anymore, both of you shut up and think. Any minute now Parliament will be seated and taking their votes. That bomb will be tripped and I would like to have it disabled." Just then the lights on the bomb came on and the timer started its count down from two minutes thirty seconds. "Shit," I muttered.

"Why do you never call the police?" John shouted.

"Well, it's no use now," Sherlock said. 2:15

"So you can't switch off the bomb. You can't switch the bomb off and you didn't call the police," John said angrily. Sherlock was kneeling by the bomb next to me trying to figure it out.

"Go, John. Go now," Sherlock said. "Take Bella with you."

"There's no point now, is there, because there's not enough time to get away; and if we don't do this other people will die!" The bomb now read 1:57  "Mind Palace. Use your mind palace," John said.

"How will that help?" Sherlock asked standing.

"You've salted away every fact under the sun!" John said his rising in pitch.