The One in Barbados

I laid on my back on a towel next to JJ. She leaned over and placed a kiss against my lips. I put my hand on the back of her head to keep her there, and we made out on the hot sand of the beach under the warm rays of the sun until the taste of pineapple juice faded from our lips.

We were interrupted by Morgan, "Having fun ladies?" I pulled away from JJ's lips and looked up, seeing a soaking wet Morgan towering next to us. JJ reached behind her and tied her suit back up, rolling onto her side.

I snapped back, "We were until we were rudely disturbed... How's the water?"

He panted, "Nice, actually. Warmer than the Potomac, that's for sure."

JJ shook my shoulder, "Let's go for a swim, babe! Come with me!" The water looked so relaxing and there weren't very many people around so I agreed. JJ shot up and ran straight to the waves as I trekked behind her at a more leisurely pace.

JJ was already several feet out in the water but I stopped before getting in, slowly walking along the shore observing the sand

JJ was already several feet out in the water but I stopped before getting in, slowly walking along the shore observing the sand. A couple minutes later, JJ ran out of the water and approached me, out of breath and soaking wet.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

I kept my eyes on the ground, "Looking for seashells... maybe sea glass." She started looking with me, finding a spot a few feet away to scour. When her back was turned and she wasn't expecting me, I ran over to her and scooped her up bridal style. She squealed as I dove into the soft blue water, soaking us both. I came up from the waves just before she did. JJ paddled over to me and wrapped her legs around my torso and her arms around my neck; she embraced me in a soft kiss as the waves continued to gently crash into us. I eventually pulled away and lovingly studied her features— the way the blue of her eyes matched the blue of the ocean, how droplets of water clung to the ends of her eyelashes as she batted them at me, the plumpness of her pink lips contrasting perfectly with the golden freckled skin of her face.

JJ pulled me out of my gaze and said, "Why are you looking at me like that?"

I kissed the tip of her nose, "Because you're beautiful." She wrapped her arms around my shoulders even tighter, snuggling her head under my chin. I turned so we were facing the horizon, admiring the scattered boats and occasional surfer that crossed our field of vision. We stayed in the water together until our fingers started to prune. I released JJ from my grip, allowing her to wade back to the shore. Everyone was over there, lounging in their towels, so we joined them and took advantage of the rare outing as a team.

Around 4:00 we decided it was time to go back to the the hotel. JJ and I hopped in the shower again, rid all the sand from our bodies, and dried off to change for dinner. We were out eating with Emily when my phone rang and the caller ID read "Penelope." I picked up and put her on speaker.

"You're on speaker, Pen. JJ and Em are with me."

"Ahh all my lovies in one call! How's Barbados?  Don't tell me your having fun without me?"

JJ spoke up, "It's beautiful here Garcia but we miss you! How's Jackie doing?"

"Ugh he's a little gentlemen. He's given me no trouble."

JJ let out a sigh of relief, "Phew! Sorry you had to watch him for us though, Garcia."

"It's my pleasure as the fairy godmother, don't worry about it. Where are you guys right now?"

Emily mumbled with a mouthful of food, "Eating. Out eating food. Sooo good."

I whispered into the phone, "She's a little tipsy right now."

Garcia chuckled, "Haha I figured... Y/N can you take me off speaker for a second?"

I made a confused expression but followed her request, "Everything okay?"

"I did a thing."

"Oh no. What'd you do Pen?"

"I had the staff move your stuff to another room."

"Why? We were fine where we—"

"I switched you out into a suite!"

"Really? How?"

"I have my ways, sugar. Anyway you have a king size bed now and get this... ready? A private hot tub!"

I gasped, "You did not!"

"Oh but I did! Enjoy your night, lover. Don't have too much fun!" She hung up and I lied to JJ when I told her what Penelope was talking about so as not to ruin the surprise. We paid the check and walked back to the hotel, making sure Emily was safe in her room with her drunkenness. I knocked on Morgan's door, who was right next door, and told him to keep an eye on Emily in her state. I grabbed JJ's hand and escorted her a few doors down the hall to our new room.

When we passed our old one she remarked, "We passed our room, babe?"

"Nope, Pen got us a new room."

I unlocked the door and pushed it open as JJ continued, "Our other room was fine why are we—" She gasped loudly when she saw our new room. It was at least twice the size as our last room— fit with a fully stocked mini bar, mounted TV, and sliding glass doors that opened up to a balcony. That's where the hot tub was. JJ and I stepped out to admire it, seeing how it overlooked the urban part of Barbados and was lined by soft candlelight.

"Oh my god

"Oh my god... Did you tell Pen to do this?"

"I wish I could take credit for it, but no— she did this all on her own."

"Mmm remind me to thank her," she turned and wrapped her arms around my waist, "We're going to have the best time tonight."