First Impressions

May 17, 2019
It's way too early to be awake. Ugh. My alarm started blaring at 5:30 this morning, waking me up for my first day at my new job. Once I was alert enough to remember what was going on, I sprung out of bed. Working for the FBI was never something I imagined for myself but I was excited about my position as a profiler nonetheless.

Shower. Brush your teeth. Make your hair look presentable. Put on at least some makeup (I'm not a fan). Get dressed. Get out the door. Wait, shit. I have to eat something. I put on a pair of grey slacks and a plain black shirt. A neutral look on the first day isn't off-putting, right? I popped an Eggo waffle in the toaster and ate it on my way out the door. I got to Quantico around 7:30 and made my way toward the entrance. When I saw the silver doors starting to close, I yelled out,"Hold the elevator, please!"

A raven-haired woman around my age peeked her head around the corner, "Oh! Of course, what floor?"

"Six, please. Thanks so much!"

"It's no problem, I'm headed to six too actually. I haven't seen you around here before, are you visiting someone?"

"No, actually, today's my first day with the Behavioral Analysis Unit."

"Oh my god, you're the new agent! My name's Emily Prentiss I'm an agent with the BAU!"

She held out her hand for me to shake it and I kindly accepted while introducing myself. I quickly glanced up and down at her— she was wearing black slacks with a tight navy shirt tucked into it and a black jacket. I also noticed her belt buckle was off center. Making a mental note to myself, I internally said Glad to know I'm not the only gay chick on the team. Letting go of Emily's hand, I asked, "So how long have you been with the unit?"

As the elevator arrived on the BAU floor, Emily quickly replied, "Uhh, gosh about 4 years now? It's gone by so fast, working with this unit has been so rewarding. You're gonna love it, I can't wait to introduce you to everyone!"

I chuckled and inquired, "That's great I'm really looking forward to it, but the first person I have to find is an.... Agent Hotchner?"

She pointed me in the direction of his office and took a seat at her desk in the bullpen. I made my way up the steps and knocked on his door.

"Come in."

"Hi, Agent Hotchner, my name is Y/F/N Y/L/N. It's a pleasure to meet you, sir."

He introduced me to Agent David Rossi a few moments later, gave me some generic information about the team— what time we meet to discuss cases, standard FBI protocols, etc— and then sent me into the bullpen to find my desk. As I made my way down the steps, I heard Emily call out to me: "Hey, Y/N, over here!" She waved me over to her desk where she was sitting with two guys and one other woman. She had blonde hair cascading over her shoulders and beautiful blue eyes that I could see from 15 feet away. She was stunning.

I walked over to them, trying my best to hide the thoughts I was already having about this woman. Emily introduced me to the trio, "Y/N, this is Agent Derek Morgan, Dr. Spencer Reid, and Agent Jennifer Jareau." Jennifer.

Derek was the first to greet me, holding his hand out, "It's great to have you on the team, Y/N."

I smiled and made my way down the line, getting to Dr. Reid next.

"Sorry, umm, I don't— I don't shake hands. Welcome to the team, though." He gave me some weird vibes but overall seemed really sweet. Next was Jennifer.

"Don't mind him, he does that with everyone. Ever since hearing about getting a new team member we've been kinda nervous but you seem awesome. You can call me JJ, by the way." She winked at me while saying that last part and my brain definitely checked out for a minute.

When I came to, I realized Emily had asked me a question, "Ooh, have you met Penelope yet?"

"Um, I don't think so? Who's Penelope?"

Morgan laughed, "Haha! So you haven't met her yet, that answers that question."

Before I could say anything else, JJ grabbed my arm, "Em and I will take her. C'mon, Y/N, let's go." She and Emily led me out of the bullpen, down to the end of the hallway where there was a door with a padlock. Emily knocked on it.