"Oh, fucking A. You wanna pull this shit again?" I groaned.

"Watch your mouth," he growled, and I felt myself shudder. "Open your eyes, Jaden. That shit you painted, I see that shit in my head twenty-four-seven. You're becoming more and more like me every day... and it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen."

"Shut the fuck up!" I screamed, my hands going to my ears to block out his stupid words. Suddenly, I felt his hand tangle with my hair and yank. A sharp pain shot through my scalp as my head was forced back to look up at Darren, his other hand wrapped around my throat. Again.

"Cuss at me one more time, Jaden, and you'll find my sympathy for your injuries cease to exist," he roared down at me. I felt myself flinch as I shrank a little, my eyes closing to protect them from his piercing glare. "Eyes, princess, now," he demanded.

Forcing them open, I looked up as far away as I could, hoping to avoid his glare, but it was impossible with his height. Dark ocean blue consumed me all over again, sending wave after wave of ice down my body. My hands pressed up against his hard chest as I felt my fear get the best of me. Untamable tears formed at the corners of my eyes, and I fought with everything I had not to let them fall in front of him.

"I'm nothing like you," I nearly whispered, somehow finding my voice.

The smirk on his face made my gut twist in agony. Darren then released my throat and bumped my nose with the tip of his finger. "Not yet... but you're so close. My little wolf has finally caught the scent of blood."

I struggled against him, but it was so useless with his fingers still wrapped in my hair. "Careful what you wish for, Darren," I breathed, watching as his brows furrowed.

"Who do you belong to, Jaden?" he asked sharply, those eyes piercing and harsh.

"You," I spat in disgust.

"Goddamn right," he replied and kissed me.

The moment his lips met mine, my body ignited as if someone lit a match over an oil spill. Hot blood rushed through my veins, heating every inch of my skin as he kissed me as though he were starved. And I suppose he was. And somehow, I found myself kissing him right back. But this kiss was not some kind of happy reunion between our lips; it was a full-on war. Because he wasn't the only one starving.

With his one hand still wrapped in my hair and the other lined up against my back to clutch me to him, I found my hands clinging to the lapels of his jacket in an attempt to get closer. Liquid heat pooled between my legs as my body slowly began to reacquaint itself with the man who claimed to own it. It remembered him well.

I could almost feel Darren's thundering heart beat under my hands as he kissed me with such aggressive passion. I was afraid he might forget and injure me again, but at this rate, I didn't care... because I wanted to be the one to forget.

In my passion, my lips battled with his, our tongues fighting for territory, and our teeth drawing blood if need be. I hadn't felt this alive in so long, and I was desperate to feel something other than utter hopelessness. I might never willingly make love to Darren, but I could certainly hate-fuck the shit out of him.

Eventually, Darren's hands found my hips and lifted me to straddle him. His lips found my neck as I wrapped my arms around his neck to hold myself up. His rough kisses turned into bites, and bites turned into sucking. I knew my neck would soon display the color of his affection.

Before I realized we had even left the sunroom, Darren was pushing me down onto a bed. He somehow managed to carry me up the stairs, to what I assumed was his bedroom, without me even noticing. And for some reason, that pissed me off. With my back on the bed, Darren rested his hands above my head and grinned down at me. I smirked back.