"Hey" I huffed out as I tried catching my breath. She nods, her attention falling behind me onto Maddox. He greets her with a short nod and nothing more. Her smile falls down into a frown as she pulled out a clipboard and handed it over to me. 

"You have to fill this form out and there's another one but it's already filled out by the Rehab Counselor. So you don't have to worry about that one"  She explained as I took the clipboard from her. I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked down onto the questions that regarded the patient. 

Full name. 

Date of birth. 

Birth place. 

Social Security. 

Address. 

ID

"Ruby, what if I don't know some of them" I asked, referring to his ID and Social Security. She rolled her lips inside her mouth as she thought about an answer. Waving me off, she looked through her drawers.

"Those are not really necessary, we have that information. They just want you to receive the "right" patient" She said, using air quotes. I nodded, getting to work filling out the form.  Glancing up from time to time, I'd see her chewing up her thumb nail sneaking glances at Maddox besides me.

"All done" I said as I handed it over to her. She quickly reached up and grabbed it, her eyes scanning through the whole page. She smiled as she looked up to me. 

"He's just with the Rehab Counselor, normal procedure. He'll be right out, soon" She said as she reached over for the phone. I nodded as I turned around and made my way over to the waiting area.  Maddox sat down besides me as I bounced up my knee, anxiety prickled at my chest. 

"Thank you Maddox" I blurt out, turning to face him. His eyes dart off the magazine table as he turned over to look at me, his eyebrows slightly furrowed. 

"I love you" I said sincerely as I rolled my lips inside my mouth. I nodded as I flashed him a smile.  I hear him sigh in relief as he nodded. 

"You're always there for me, just know it's not one sided" I say, pointing between the two of us. He gave me his full smile as he nodded and reached over pressing a friendly kiss against my cheek. I chuckled as I turned towards the hallway with a smile on my face. 

Beat up solid black vans. 

Black jeans. 

A hand stuck in his left pocket. 

White T-shirt. 

My smile widens as he sees me and winks.

 I darted towards him until his chest collided with my face. I hugged him tight against me, feeling his warm body through his thin T-shirt. 

"Oh fuck Dax, I missed you" I mumble into his chest. His arms wrapped around me somehow pulling me even closer against him.  I felt him press a kiss on the crown of my head before I pulled back. 

My hand reached out and slapped him across the face. His face turned to the side with the impact. Shocked, his eyes darted back over to me as he stared at me slightly wide eyed. 

"What the fu-"

"Think about it" I say cutting him off, referring to the amount of visits he had me sitting there by myself and his fix incident. He lowered his sight onto the floor as he rubbed his cheek with the back of his hand, guiltily.  He outstretches his other arm drawing me back to him as he pressed his lips against my own. 

I quickly reached my hand up causing him to flinch as he pulled back. Grabbing his face between my palms, I gently pulled him back to me as I brushed my thumb in a circular motion against his rosy cheek. He sunk back into my touch as his tongue darted out and licked my bottom lip asking for entrance.