Forgetting

"What do you want?" Fenix asked me as we waited in line for the drive-thru. I sighed as I rolled down my window and stared at the giant illuminated menu. My eyes traveled around the mouth watering pictures of food. I opened my mouth as I looked over to the rear view mirror.

 I see Fenix already staring at me with his head tilted back against the head rest.  A small almost invisible smile rested on his face. My eyes traveled over to the thick scar on his temple. 

"Thought of something?" He asked me, bringing me out of my daze. I return my attention back over to him as I nod. 

"I'll just get a Strawberry Milkshake" I say, slightly pointing outside the window. He nods and continues to stare at me. 

"What else?"

I scrunch up my face at him and shake my head. 

"That's it, I'm not hungry." I tell him. He continued to stare at me with intensity as I swallowed. 

"I wasn't asking if you were hungry or not, I asked what else" He asked firmly, slowly shaking his head as he knitted his eyebrows. I ran my tongue over my bottom lip as I looked away from him, looking back at the menu. 

"I'll get the number 4" I say, giving a nod to the menu. He turns to the side and eyes the board, nodding. 

"Large fries." I say, squinting as I read the small print. 

"Good girl" He says with a smirk on his face. I scoffed as I looked back at him. Blowing me a kiss, he winks as he drives forward. 

Hello, welcome to Bobbies Burgers How can I help you?

"I want a number 4" Fenix says, his demeanor instantly changing.  The employee takes a second before responding. 

What meal size?

Fenix looks up at me through the rear view mirror and lifts an eyebrow. I crinkled my nose and mouth small to him. He nods returning his attention back over to the speaker post. 

"Large" 

I roll my eyes as I hear him change my order. I hear Grayson snicker besides me as I sigh glancing up at the car ceiling. 

Will that be all your ordering for today?

"Yeah" Fenix says, firmly. 

Okay, drive up to the first window

Fenix leans back in his seat and drives forward.  I eye Grayson as he stared ahead with a smirk resting on his face. I opened my mouth to speak but get cut off by the car bumping into something. 

"Shit, sorry guys" He mutters as he reverses out the narrow drive way. 

"What happened?" I asked him worriedly. He turns around and placing a hand on the passengers headrest, looking behind him as he reversed. 

"Nothing, you got to worry about sweet stuff" He says winking. I rolled my eyes as I crossed my arms over my chest. 

"I'm just worried about my food" I joked as Fenix returned to facing forward. 

Driving straight through, he stopped on the first window and shoved the bag of food behind him towards me.  I mumbled a small thanks as he payed the Drive-thru employee. 

"Everything you ordered?" He asked as he pressed against the gas pedal exiting the narrow lane. His rim screeched with being scratched as the pavement narrowed in. 

"Fuck." He groans. He pressed the petal with more force,  quickly exiting the pathway. Checking both windows, he throws himself into the drive lane waiting for the Red light to turn Green.