Tension

We sat in silence as we ate breakfast. I chugged my bowl down containing the left over milk from my cereal. Maddox sighed heavily before placing his fork down and pushing his plate of untouched macaroni aside. 

"Dax I thought the Program was like 6 months or so. Why'd they give you an extra month?" He asked as he crossed his arms over his chest. Dax looked up to him with a bored expression as he sighed. 

"They loved me too much, they didn't want to let me go" He smirked. I chuckled as I placed the bowl back down on the table and wiped my mouth with the back of my hand. 

"I'm going to the store" I announced as I stood up. Walking over to the sink I placed my bowl inside before turning around. They eyed me wearily before dropping their gaze. I furrowed my eyebrows before grabbing my keys. 

"You're not gonna change babygirl?" Dax asked me as he took a sip of his black coffee. My eyes darted down to my clothes coming into contact with a set of his plaid boxers and a sports bra.  Giving a nervous chuckle, I point to the room before speed walking down the hall. 

I sigh, puffing out my cheeks as I ran out of options on what to wear. I slide hanger after hanger without anything catching my eye. I harshly scratched my cheekbone, annoyed.

 I give up, settling on a pair of grey sweatpants and a burgundy crop top. 

I chuckle as I slide them on, knowing that they look horrible together. As I ran my hand through my hair, I pulled it up in a messy bun before walking out the room with my beat up black converse in my left hand. 

"Cute" Dax said as he eyed me up and down, he quickly took a sip from his mug as he looked away. I chuckled shaking my head as I walked over for the keys on the kitchen counter.  I brushed past Maddox getting shocked by the static on his arm. 

"Are you guys coming with me?" I asked them as I rubbed my arm. Maddox shook his head as he placed his dish in the sink. Turning my attention to Dax, he nodded as he lifted himself up.  

"I'm going out with Ruby today" Maddox grunted as he stretched his arms over his head. I nodded as I reached for Daxon's hand which he ignored by draping his arm around me. 

"Tell her I said hi" I said as Dax ushered me outside. I see Maddox give me a short nod before turning away from us.  I frown as Daxon shuts the door behind us not letting me ask Maddox about giving me the cold shoulder. 

Ever since Dax came back, I thought we had put all the shit behind us but I guess he didn't. 

He scowls when he sees me and Dax peck each other on the lips. 

He groans when he hears us mutter sweet nothings to each other. 

He rolls his eyes at me when he hears me say 'I love you' to Dax. 

And a whole other bunch of shit. But what really gets to me is the jealously he has. I mean, I'm sure Daxon notices as well but he chooses not to bring it up and for that I'm grateful. But the jealously that flashes through his eyes. 

The comments he makes. 

It hurts. 

Because even though I have Dax by my side it's not the same not having Maddox along and being pitched into our conversations.  

"What are you thinking so hard about?" Dax asked me as he slipped into the drivers seat. I shrugged as I reached for the seat belt behind me. 

"Maddox"

"What about him?" He asked as he mimicked my actions and strapped on the seat belt. He fumbled around with the radio stations before finding a song he liked.