DNO 049

iMessage
May 06

Unknown Number

Hi, Leigh. This is Fin. I know you're mad at me, and I'm really sorry. I feel awful that I made you wait for nothing at the airport.

But please, hear me out. The reason why I missed my original flight to Manila is because Margot had a medical emergency, right before we were supposed to head to the airport at Mactan. Kinailangan siyang isugod sa ospital.

Being the only one at the convention who knows her personally, I knew I had to stay until someone from her family could fly to Cebu. Hindi ko naman kayang iwan na lang doon ang kaibigan ko.

I meant to tell you about the emergency, of course. But, as my rotten luck would have it, I lost the briefcase that contained my phone and my laptop.

Somehow, during the disarray caused by Margot's collapse, I misplaced my stuff. Or maybe a light-fingered person took advantage of all the confusion, I don't know.

I could've called you or messaged you by borrowing another person's phone, but here's the thing — I don't have your number memorized.

Oh, dear Lord. I'm drowning in shame as I type this. But there you have it. I don't have any mobile number memorized, apart from my own. Now, I realize how stupid that was of me.

I tried to contact you through Messenger instead. I borrowed a hospital staff's phone and explained everything. But I guess your message filter is on, so there's a high chance that you didn't see the chat. I was using a stranger's account, you see.

I know, another act of stupidity on my part. Ngayon ko lang naisip na dapat pala, nag-log in na lang ako gamit ang account ko, para nabasa mo ang message ko. But in between worrying for my friend and being so upset about my lost belongings, I wasn't thinking straight at the time.

Look, I'm aware that all these ramblings don't excuse me for ditching you at the airport. But I just had to let you know that it wasn't intentional. I would never willingly do something like that to you.

Again, I'm really sorry. Hiyang-hiya ako sa'yo, Leigh. Maiintindihan ko kung ayaw mo muna akong kausapin. But if you change your mind, you can contact me through this number. I'm using this temporarily, until I can retrieve my old number.

I hope you're okay. I miss you so much.

Read 2:47 PM