DNO 026

Modnar
January 17

Javelin
Hey, Leigh.

Kenzie said you've probably forgotten your Modnar password by now, and you used your old email to sign up here, so I think I'm safe.

Since you'd most likely never read this, I won't have any reservations in voicing out my thoughts. I'm practically talking to thin air here, haha! But I'll still pretend that I'm chatting with my online friend from high school, just for old times' sake.

Let me start by saying I missed you. Ridiculous, I know. But I missed staying up late just so we could talk, the way we did all those years ago.

I'm glad to have finally met you personally, though. Forgive me if this sounds weird, but I used to imagine how you look like. It's amazing, how you turned out to be more beautiful than I could have ever imagined.

And your voice... sweet heavens, your voice.
I remember you telling me how much you dislike your voice. You said it's too pitchy, too girly. But it's honestly one of the best things about you. I could listen to you talking all day.

There's a certain magic in befriending someone over this ether called the Internet. But it's more magical when that friendship crosses over to real life.

Masaya akong naging magkaibigan tayo, Leigh. Pero parang mas gusto kong humigit pa sa pagiging kaibigan mo.

Ikaw ba? Sa tingin mo, posible 'yon?

I think I'm falling in love with you.
Hindi ko lang masabi sa'yo nang harapan.
And damn it, I'm not used to being this cowardly.

But I can sense your hesitation. I know how guarded you've become, because of your past heartbreaks. And I know you're scared of me.
You're scared of how I might turn out to be like the other guys who hurt you.

But I'm not like them, Leigh. I'm trying my best not to be.

Sana, bigyan mo ako ng pagkakataon. One chance, that's all I'm asking for.

Good night, my HappilyEverAfter.