Chapter 14

His beating heart pumps under his chest. His soft skin warms mine as I lay on his tight embrace. The soft humming of the Tv troubles my sleep. I frown groaning. I attempt to focus on his static and rhythmic heartbeat but the voices chattering don't let me drift off. His fingers run up and down my back and tangle with my hair. I open my eyes seeing the Tv playing. Everything is dark and quiet.

"What time is it?" I ask.

"Nine thirty," I sit up looking down at him.

"I have to go home,"

"Stay here," He suggests but I shake my head.

"I can't. We have school tomorrow. I haven't brought my stuff or any clothes to wear tomorrow." His eyes flicker to me from the Tv.

"I will drive you to your house in the morning to get ready. Relax,"

"Corbyn, I can't." He sits up so we're at the same eye level after throwing the remote.

"We'll wake up earlier. You'll have all the time you need to get ready," He says. "Stay with me," His velvet tone combined with his glassy blue eyes make my heart melt in an instant. I chew my lower lip. He surrounds his arms around my waist pulling me closer to him.

"Please," I giggle cradling his head with my hands.

"Fine," I agree. "But we'll wake up thirty minutes earlier,"

"Whatever," He mumbles rolling his eyes. He falls back on the couch bringing me with him. We stay silent for a few minutes as the Tv is on.

"Corbyn?" He hums giving me the cue to continue. "What did your mother want?"

The words slip out of my mouth as I have accurately chosen and organized them inside my head. His body stiffens under mine and I don't dare to meet his gaze. I keep drawing lines on the skin of his chest. Seconds pass till I look up to find him staring at me.

And I was right. His chaw is tensed as his eyes are piercing into me with genuine anger and annoyance floating freely in their blue ocean.

"What?"

"We talked about this," He growls. His hand doesn't touch me anymore and his body has become cold against mine.

"We did but..."

"You promised you won't ask about it. Then why are you?" His frown deepens and I regard how his facial features are crossed one by one by irritation all over again.

"I did say that but she came here. It must have been something important if she came all the way here just to talk to you,"

"It was." He agrees. "But it's none of your business." His harsh words cut my skin. I gape at him not believing that he just said those words to me. I peer at him clueless, my head blank.

"Stop asking about it, Amelia. I'm serious," He snaps. He turns to the Tv ignoring the shocked expression on my face. I blink for a few seconds before I sit up and get off of his touch.

From the corner of my eye, I catch his eyes rolling at my action. Anger boils inside of me but I try to keep my expression neutral. I chew my inner cheek to distract my head from the thoughts that fuel the emotions of fury. I stick my eyes to the Tv too even though I have no idea what it says.

I use every ouch of me to calm down and stop thinking about what occurred between us though it appears to be useless. I want him to open up to me especially now that things are so difficult and messy in his life. I can't just do nothing and let him fight his own battles. Even if that's what he wanted; that's no way to speak to me.

I raise on my feet and walk away from him.

"Where are you going?" He cries but I don't stop. A hand grasps my arm whirling me around. I step back before I fall into his chest like I always do.