Chapter 49: Not a saint

Start from the beginning

"Ever" I continued.

"I promise you...I'll always be with you" I added raising my head, noticing that his eyes were moist too, I leaned forward to kiss him.

"I love you..." He whispered before gently claiming my lips.

"Come back right now. It's urgent..." We pulled apart hearing David's familiar voice.

"Those were your exact words Ryan. So this was the urgency? You called me back to watch you two making out...ugh...that's a weird fetish" He said making a cringing face.

"You know I was so busy. I was hanging out with my girlfriend..." He added as Ryan interrupted him.

"You don't have a girlfriend, David" Ryan said and I swear I would have laughed if the situation wasn't so serious right now.

"What's up" David asked as he noticed the tension on our faces.

"Love, why don't you go and get ready while I have a word with David. We'll go out somewhere" Ryan said with a warm smile as I nodded knowing that he didn't want me to be a part of this conversation.

"I'll be back" I replied stealing a quick kiss.

As I stood under the hot water running through the showerhead, I couldn't stop thinking about the evening when those guys tried to kidnap me, I closed my eyes remembering how terrified I was while trying to get myself out of their clutches...I was a crying mess by the time I reached back at Anne's apartment.

But somehow I relaxed when I assumed without any solid proof that they were Ryan's man and he sent them to get me back...I know I shouldn't have just assumed that they were his guys but maybe I just wanted to believe that they were, because that directly meant that Ryan wanted me back.

And deep down that was the only thing that I wanted to hear or know...that he wanted me back, to gain up the courage to finally return back to him.

Though I can't be entirely blamed for jumping on the conclusion that they were his guys because he did sent his guys to kidnap me once, when I was still back in Canada, without any single clue about Ryan...about his whereabouts.

It just never occurred to me that there was a possibility that they were not his man but someone else's.

But why would anyone try to kidnap me?

I don't even know anyone here in Russia except Ryan then...

I sighed.

Why am I even asking such stupid questions to myself?

"Love. Be quick. I'm starting to assume that you want me to join you" I snapped out of my thoughts hearing Ryan's voice.

He's done talking so quick? I thought their conversation would go on for a long while.

But anyways, I'm glad that he seems to be in a good mood now.

"Yeah..." I replied absent-mindedly but stopped realising what he asked and what I just answered.

"I mean no and also yeah I'll be out in a minute" I added, quickly grabbing a white fluffy towel.

"What's up? You seem to be a bit relaxed now" I asked as soon as I walked out of the bathroom.

"Did you find any..." I added as he interrupted me.

"Shh. I don't want to talk about all that anymore...especially when there's a heavenly gorgeous women standing in front of me, in nothing but a towel wrapped around her" He said walking towards me and embracing me from behind, resting his chin in the gap between my neck and shoulder, as I was just about to enter the walk-in closet to grab some clothes.