19.

How I finished this summer:

Jooheon – 'It's not you, it's me' case

I met the best kisser I ever kissed in my life. I am thankful for his attention and proving that there is nothing wrong with me. He's not enough into me to want a relationship. He'd rather enjoy dating. But when he wants to settle, he'll think about me. Yeah. Haha! I won't hold my breath. He's gonna meet the most amazing woman round the corner and will be hooked for life.

Jaebeom – 'In love with my best friend' case

I'm still in love with my best friend but deep down, I know nothing will ever happen and I am now ignoring signs.

I still don't know if he knows what he is doing to me. I love him too much to think that he would voluntarily hurt me like that. I won't wait for him anymore. I won't prompt him. I'll just move forward. At least I'll try.

Jinyoung – 'Friends with benefits' case

Something happened when both of us needed to blow some steam. I am still a virgin, but we found ways to 'enjoy' each other. Our clandestine encounters didn't last, but what transpired is that we have become better friends. No confusion like with Jaebeom. Our relationship is honest and clear as water.

End of summer one year later...

The whole core gang is sitting outside of Seonna's bedroom window, in her garden. My boyfriend is not here. Me and my closest friends are catching up before I go study abroad. It's kind of a farewell gathering as a couple of others are moving to other cities too.

I am sitting on the grass, between Jinyoung's legs. Bambam and Yugyeom are on the little wall. Jaebeom and Youngjae are leaning against the house. Seonna is sitting on her window seal. Jackson and Jaena are sitting on the grass opposite us.

"Wait! So apart from Jaebeom and Jaena, who else ended up dating." Jackson asks.

"Bammie and Seonna." Yugyeom says.

"Oh yeah! I forgot." Jackson looks at Bambam seemingly a little embarrassed. "That's it then."

Bambam jumps in and shouts eagerly.

"And Jinyoung and Katie!"

Gasps all round while Jinyoung squeezes me in his arms proudly. Seonna is gobsmacked.

"Is that true?"

I smile and look at Jinyoung who shows the same smile on his face.

"Wait! How do you know Bam?" I ask.

"I saw your car in front of his place back then. I tried to call you both, but I was sent to voicemail. I guessed you guys were busy." He says raising his eyebrows with a smirk.

Jaebeom hasn't said a word until now.

"Wait, when did this happen?"

"Last summer?" I ask Jinyoung turning to him.

"Yeah. Yeah it was in August I think. It didn't last long though."

Jaebeom's brain is definitely working hard.

"And you guys are still friends." He states.

Jinyoung laughs before continuing.

"Of course! We're not children. It happened and it didn't work out but we were friends before so we stayed friends."

Jaebeom looks at me and says.

"So we could have tried and still be friends?" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? So he did have a thing for me at some point – I wasn't crazy – but he was scared that we wouldn't be friends anymore if it didn't work out.

Silence. I don't think he realised he just said that out loud. Everyone is looking at him probably thinking the same way as I do. Nobody is surprised. Everybody knew.

Looking up, he finally realises what he just said then locks eyes with me. He's looking awkward and exposed.

"Does it matter now?" It doesn't, as both of us now have respective partners. "I really can't believe you Jaebeom." I chuckle.

The others laugh and we move onto other shared fond memories.