Chapter 6. - Flooded

I always listen to Abba while writing this story, gives off the vibe I was going for with this book :D I highly recommend

---

A heatwave ran through his body as he parked his bike on the side of the path, his eyes fluttering at the sunlight piercing through his eyes.

The temperatures outside were about as hot as they could get -- it almost felt like the air around him was burning.

After a short discussion with his own mind, he decided to walk around the shore and maybe even look for seashells. He only had one from the last time he visited the beach, which was a few days ago.

At that thought, his mind shifted to his friend, Dream. He wasn't sure if he wanted to see him that day -- after all, he wanted to live through one day without questioning his whole life, so he just prayed their paths wouldn't cross.

Dream was funny, kind and it was exciting being around him, but just the thought of the boy made George's mind explode. He really was driving him crazy and George hated it.

But no matter how he tried, he couldn't help but think of the blonde almost every living second.
The memory of the first time their eyes met was one that lived in his head rent free.

Once again, he had questions, but no answers. And it was frustrating.

He wondered what went through Dream's head when he pulled George into that crowd. And what went through his head when he decided to take him to the tree house.

He wished he could read minds, even though in some situations, it would truly be awful.

"Look who's here," a deep voice murmured from somewhere in front of him, making George jump.

"Nick?" George's eyes widened at the well-known tone.

"Yeah," a brown haired man, about the same height as George gave him a warm smile, "haven't seen you in a while, Gogy,"

The two giggled.

"Yeah, it's been how long? Like four years?" George went in for a hug.

"I think so," his friend chuckled, "where have you been, I had to hang out with my brother this whole time," he rolled his eyes.

"Oh, well how is he?"

"Clay? He's fine I guess, but the past few months, he's usually out the whole day, so I don't see him that much," he scoffed, running his hand through his hair, "But he bullied me anyways, so I'm kinda glad, you know? Being the youngest sibling sucks,"

"Well, at least you have siblings," George laughed, looking towards the sea.

"Yeah, annoying ones,"

"You haven't changed at all, Sap, it's truly unbelievable," he smiled, looking at his childhood friend.

"You neighter," he laughed, "we should play hide and seek sometimes, little Gogy," he said, an adorable smile creeping up his face.

"Yeah, sure," George scoffed at the nickname.

"Anyways, I've gotta go, I promised aunt Laurinne that I'll help her go collect some herbs," Sapnap grinned at George, pinching his cheek.

"Okay, see you Sap!"

"Take care, shortie!" Sapnap yelled out, running off to the nearby woods.

"We're the same height," George murmured, rolling his eyes as he started moving again.

He was glad to meet Sapnap after all this time, he honestly almost forgot about him.

Or not literally forgot, but rather just didn't really think about him in a long time.