Chapter 2. - Chats

Loud giggles echoed around the two as their feet moved swiftly through the tall grass. Holding each other's hand to keep more balance, they ran through the huge, grassy field, moving closer and closer to the oak forest in the distance.
The pitch black surrounding them made it way harder for them to pass through, yet none of them seemed to care.

George never really got to talk to people. Most of the time, he was stuck inside of his house, helping his parents or reading books. That led to him always being alone by himself -- although he didn't mind at all. Sometimes he did feel lonely, but he got used to it over time.

And so -- meeting someone new was more than exciting to him.

After a few minutes, the two finally reached the creek that separated the field and the woods, panting heavily.

"Why did we have to run," George whined, locking eyes with Dream.

"Oh come on, it was fun," Dream chuckled, kneeling down to watch as the water sparkled under the moonlight.

George just rolled his eyes playfully, quietly agreeing with Dream's statement.

Turning to take a look back at the field, he watched as little lights glew in the distance. They went quite far away from the town. George's mind filled with fear, but he shook it off.

He just secretly had to pray he would get home before the first light.

"Let's go, George," Dream's words cut off his thoughts.

Nodding slightly, he watched as Dream crossed the creek, hurrying right after him.
He felt the moss soften under his bare feet as he sighed heavily, happy not to stand on anything sharp.

He followed Dream's lead as they quietly walked through the deep forest, a little scared of the dark corners. George questioned why they were walking up a hill, but he didn't want to ask the dirty blonde, so he just let it go.

His eyes shifted to his feet, all bruised and scarred. He wondered around the forest, eyes on the ground as his head filled with questions and unfortunately -- no answers.

He thought about Dream.

Who even is he? What are his intentions? We are friends, right? At least I think that's how friendships work. Does he like me, or is he just trying to be nice because I look so lonely? Why am I even thinking about him?

He shook his head, looking up to see absolutely no one.

What?

Looking around, he panicked as his friend was nowhere to be found. And another issue. He was in the middle of the woods, no idea of how to get back. His hands started shaking as he tried calling out Dream's name.

"This isn't funny, Dream," he shouted out. No response.

"Dream?" He tried again. Nothing.

He just stood there in silence, no light surrounding him, making him freak out. He couldn't believe he lost Dream. Blaming himself for not paying attention to where they were going, he tried to calmly think about how to get home.

Or did Dream leave him in there intentionally? Was it just a joke this whole time? He didn't know and normally, he wouldn't care -- and yet, this time he did.

He grew a liking to the man as for him being his only "friend", and he would lie if he said it didn't hurt. Because it did.

So stupid. Nobody would want to be my friend, I should've known this would happen.

Drowning in his thoughts, his heart suddenly skipped a beat as he heard something shift.

It's just the leaves thrusting against each other, surely.