Chapter 4. - The Water in A Desert

This one is a long one :D enjoy <3

---

Walking down the sandy path next to the crowded beach, he observed as most of the people also wore skirts, following the town's yearly tradition as well.

Not only were skirts comfortable, good for summer and in its way kind of ellegant -- but they also symbolized happiness for the people who lived in or near the town.

It had been so for decades and the people loved the so called "freei" -- the week of lust and freedom, the different kinds of skirts making their steps and their personal journeys much easier.

Stopping by the famous ice cream shop, his eyes slid between all the different flavours as he tried to pick one for the day.

"Uh- can I get the pistachio one, please?" he mumbled out, biting his lip from the anxiety building up in his spine.

You could say that he wasn't really an extroverted person -- actually quite the opposite.

Taking the ice cream without looking at the cashier even once, he tossed the few coins in their hand and burst out of the crowd.

He sat on the ground next to a tall palm tree, enjoying both the ice cream and the weather outside. Looking around the whole place, he admired the nature of the calm sea slightly crushing against all the rocks and the fish and other animals wandering around the coast. Sometimes, when he would look more closely, he could see a fish flop in the air and back in the water.

It was no wonder George liked nature so much. Anytime he could, he browsed the woods, discovering the beauty of all it's growing plants and different creatures.

And, after all, there wasn't much more to do in your free time anyways.

"Which flavour?" a voice echoed from above, causing him to look up.

"Dream?" George said, confused but excited.

"It's pistachio, by the way," he added, raising an eyebrow at Dream, "what are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing," Dream chuckled, "and chocolate is better,"

George scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"Chocolate ice cream is disgusting.. plus it's boring,"

"Wha- Disgusting?" Dream forrowed his eyebrows, looking at the boy as if he just killed someone.

"Yes, Dreamy, you heard me," George put his hands together, a smirk creeping up his face.

"Sure.. So, where are we going?" Dream let out after a few seconds.

"We?"

"Yeah, now get up princess," Dream offered George his hand, pulling him up. He grabbed his wrist and started running towards the beach, George laughing at him in the back.

They reached one of the little paths that lead around the coast, following the way. The Sun was burning both of their skins as they wandered around, observing the sea. Time after time, they got into tiny conversations, discussing living near the town or if the other liked the hot weather.

"See how this ladybug has a different color and a different amount of dots on it's body?"

They were standing on a rock right next to the pathway, watching as different bugs traversed around the plants. Next to the rock and the end of the forest, there was a small, unoccupied beach.

"The color? Not really," George smiled, locking eyes with Dream, "I only see yellow and blue," he explained.

"Oh.. well," Dream smiled at the brunet, shifting his eyes back on the ladybugs, "the ones with more dots, they're more dangerous I believe.. Not sure though,"