Ginny and Georgia: The Younger Shadow

Chapter 16-Hunter's Song
The taste in the auditorium was a mix of wonderful aromas. It was sweet, spicy, chocolatey. There were ear piercing shouts as guards tore after some kids who had brought in alcohol, and I could feel Kara's sweet laugh tickling my ear as she glanced at them. The lights were off and we were all plunged into the darkness. Truth be told, I was quite terrified of the dark. Not being able to see what was in front of you always made me feel weak and sore, and sometimes I felt like my throat was closing up. That was why I still slept with a light on, but with my friends close to me, I felt a lot more relieved and even managed to let out an excited whoop!
"When are the band coming onstage?" Aria impatiently asked. She checked her silver watch and snatched some of Madi's chips.
"Hey! When I asked if you wanted sour cream and onion chive chips, you said no, Aria Littman! You sly fox!" Aria just laughed in her face, and gave Madi a light kiss on the forehead.
"Is Leon gonna be here? When can we meet him?" Kara asked. She brushed her muddy brown hair from her eyes, and they lit up when she spotted him too. And my heart have an excited bounce when I saw him making his way through the masses of bodies.
"Hey, Char." He gave me a kiss with such raw emotion, and j still couldn't wrap my head around how all other senses around me ceased when he did it.
"Hey, Leon!" Aria called. She told me they had been friends in elementary school.
"Aria! How are you? How's Amos and Abby?" He asked, while calmly wrapping his shoulder over me.
"Charlie, I'm wishing I could get a boy like yours. Most of them are just so annoying! They moan like little boys!" Kara rolled her eyes mockingly.
"Amos and Abby are good, Leon. I'm glad your with Charlie. She's the best too!"
"That's good to hear. So, are you waiting for anyone you know to perform onstage?" Leon asked. By now, the lights flickered on and came back to life. The chatter of the crowd died down to only a quiet whisper. Abby, Max, Norah and Ginny were also all next to us, but much too invested in Hunter's performance. But Madi said we should come because there was nothing much else to do. Hunter, Padma and Brodie all walked out onto the vast stage, and were met with several whistles and cheers. Then, their performance started.
"I'd like to dedicate this song to someone who I recently met, someone who I recently want to know for a very long time. This is for you, Ginny." Oh my God. He was making a song for her. Max, Abby and Kara had all whipped out their phones, and I fumbled with mine to record as well.
"I can barely breathe when you are near,
And I'm really, really scared you're gonna disappear.
I can't breathe when you are near"
"Oh my fuck!" Max hissed, "Ginny!"
My sister seemed frozen in shock, but a huge grin was splayed on her face that really brought the pretty features to her face. I never much noticed them before, but maybe being with Hunter had made her feel more alive. Even freer, like I did with Leon.
"I don't know how to tell you
There's a million things I wanna say
From the moment I met you my heart grew
And I think of you every day" the first verse finished, and the crowd roared in delight.
"You mean everything to me and more
That's all I wanted you to know
Abs when I hold you tightly
I'll never let go" the energy was crazy. Max, Norah and Abby were gaping open mouthed at Hunter and grasping Ginny tightly.
"Wow, that's one loyal man" Kara remarked. Madi was too busy just staring into the distance to see Aria take some more of her chips.
"Just uploaded this to my private story!" Aria cried.
"Wow, that was sure nice of him to do for your sister, Char" Leon said.
"You don't have to do anything like that for me. You already took me to the cinema. Luckily, love doesn't cost a penny" Leon grabbed my hand and swung me around. Endless voices whispered in my ear, and I just laughed. A few minutes later Hunter had rushed down from the stage and produced an alluring bouquet of flowers to Ginny. Her hands flew to her mouth as she saw the hot red roses and creamy white lilies.
"Thank you!" Then they shared a slobby kiss.
"Aria, I am seriously just considering going out with myself at this point" Kara huffed.
"Kara, you are drop dead gorgeous. I'm sure you'll find someone soon. Orion Rogers in our science class kept looking at you for like five minutes!"
"Orion? Huh. Thanks for telling me, Char. I really don't want to grow up like ancient old Mrs Fiddler down the street. Her breath smells nasty, like rotten fruit, and she's always waving her skeleton thin wrists and threatening to call the police when Norah and Jordan make out on our porch!"
"So, girls, what do we have on our agenda next?" Aria giggled and jumped up and down like an exited child.
"I have to finish some homework, but how about we meet at Wellsbury park tomorrow morning? Mang are going to Blue Moon and I swear I can't stand to hear our sisters talking about the latest school drama!" I said, while swaying to the indie band that had just come up on stage. Getting lost in music was always strangely tranquil. I loved it.
"Cool cool cool, fun fun fun... let's meet by Wellsbury lake tomoz then?" Madi asked.
"But our iconic group doesn't stop there, Charlie Miller! Guess what we have going on next? The Halloween party at Brodie's!"