Chapter 12- Suprise Guest?

Start from the beginning

"You mean to tell me, I have a cousin that I've never met, never had the chance to see, and never heard of for the past 18 years of my life?" I said, trying to calm down.

"Yes." She added very quickly.

"Why are you even telling me this?" I asked.

"Well, I was thinking lately, and I thought you should know. Also, I think you should meet her. She's your age and she could be your friend. I think you should have more friends then your band mates. They're amazing lads, but I think you need more." She said, finally looking up at me.

"So, you want to set me up on a play date with my 18 year old cousin I've never met?" I asked, a little weird.

"Pretty much. She lives in America, I called around and she lives here. Apparently she doesn't have many friends either. You'd be good for each other." She said handing me a piece of paper with her address.

***Flash back over***Present Time***

I need to stop whoosing out. She's just a person. And I've been standing in this hall way for like 7 minutes, pacing back and forth. If anyone saw me, they'd think I was mad! So, here I go, I'm about to knock on the door of the cousin I never met.

Here I go. *knock knock*

I waited a couple seconds before knocking again.

*knock knock*

I know someone's home. I hear the TV.

I was about to knock again but someone answered the door. It was her! She looked so speechless. She wasn't going to say anything so I had to.

"Josey...?" I said.

I guess it startled her or something. She just starred at me, yet I couldn't read her emotions. That is, until she dropped her cup and it broke. Everything went silent for a moment. Even the TV was muted or paused. She obviously wasn't alone.

"Josey, what's wrong?" I heard an all-to-familiar voice ask from the living room.

"N-nothing. Hang on." She said as she walked out of her apartment and into the hall with me.

"Was that Harry in there?" I asked, looking her in the eye for the first time.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, a little coldly and avoiding my question.

"I came to find you." I said, getting nervous, what the heck is going on?

"How did you find out about me?" She asked.

Wait, does she know?

"What do you mean?" I asked, very curious.

"I thought your family agreed to stay in Ireland?" She questioned.

"How do you know?" I asked, this was weird.

"Niall, our families hate each other. That's one of the reasons we came to America. Why are you here now?" She asked me.

"Uhmmmm." I said shoving my hands in my pockets. "I kind of. Uh. Just found out about. Uh. The family thing, but I didn't know we hated each other."

"Why didn't anyone tell you?" She asked as she looked at me weird.

"I don't know. I just found out two weeks ago that you existed. Nobody went as far as to why we don't talk." I trailed off.

"Oh." She said awkwardly.

"Yeah...." I said before an awkward silence broke out. "Can I ask you something?"

"What?" She asked.