23- Made of steel

Team Avatar had gone out, putting up posters on the wall.

Kaila and Luna were talking, "Luna, I'm just saying we could use the art that woman taught you to save Appa whenever we find him."

Luna shook her head, "I won't use Hama's technique. It-it's blood bending. I won't use it ever."

Kaila sighed, "Luna it could be used to solve medical injuries and save people. It could be used to save Appa."

Luna hung a poster on the wall, "This conversation is over."

Kaila walked over, "Luna it could be-"

Luna glared at her, "This conversation is over, Kaila." Then Luna heard Katara's scream.

———————————————————————————————————————————

Luna ran down the alley, "What's wrong?!"

Katara glared at the boy in front of her, "Him."

Luna glanced at the boy, walking around him carefully, "You look.... familiar."

She stared at him, "Kaila come here!"

Kaila walked over, "Huh? Who's that?"

Luna said, "He looks familiar, right?"

Kaila nodded, tilting her head and squinting at the boy.

Luna stared until it clicked, "Wait, Jet?"

Jet tilted his head, "Luna?"

Luna nodded, "That's me."

Jet looked confused, "Why are you here? Where are your guards or your dad?"

Luna sighed, "Jet stop acting like this."

Jet asked, "Like what?"

Luna let out a exasperated sigh. Then she spoke, "You tried to recruit me into destroying a village last time I saw you. Stop acting nice."

He sighed, "I was trying to-"

Luna continued, "Do the right thing. Yeah I've heard it over and over. Stop saying your little excuses."

Jet asked, "How do you feel about the fire nation now?"

Luna tilted her head in confusion, "What?"

Jet asked again, "How do you feel about the fire nation, now that they killed your sister? Do you understand why I did it?"

Luna felt like a knife slid through her heart. She held her breath for a moment.

Jet nodded, "I see. You try to be kind and hate nobody but you can't do it, can you, Princess?"

Luna let out her breath. She clenched her fists. Then she walked closer to him, speaking finally, "No. I don't hate them all unlike you. People can change and be good. I believe in second chances, but not for you."

Then she turned to Katara, her voice dripping with sarcasm, "How do you know this ball of joy?"

Katara said, "Oh he treated to recruit me and Aang to destroy a village by lying to us."

Luna nodded, "That's all he does at this point."

———————————————————————————————————————————

Jet clutched his head in pain. Luna watched, trying so hard to be sympathetic for him but her conscious just laughed mentally at him. Her conscious told her he deserved the pain. She tried to ignore it, but she knew she believed it.

Her conscious laughed mentally, "You can't always be the good guy, can you?"

———————————————————————————————————————————

She walked into the passage under the lake, Jet at her side. He didn't deserve this redemption in her eyes.

———————————————————————————————————————————

She peeked in a door, where a group of girls stood, repeating the same words over and over, "There is no war in Ba Sing Se."

She let out a gasp. These poor girls were probably forced to do this. No they were forced.

Luna let out a small "oh."

She continued walking, trailing closer behind Aang. She stayed close to Aang, her heart racing. She didn't like this place at all.

———————————————————————————————————————————

Luna watched a rock hit Jet. He fell down, yelling. She watched, not even moving. She didn't feel sorry for him. Her heart didn't ache, no tears spilled. She just watched silently.

Aang yelled, pulling her hand, "C'mon Luna we have to help him!"

She blinked. Then she ran over.

———————————————————————————————————————————

She felt for a pulse, which was slowly flickering away.

She thought, "Only one way to save him."

She tried to move her hands, but they were frozen.

She thought, "I have to do this. To save Jet!"

Her hands whooshed up. She slowly bent the blood in his body.

———————————————————————————————————————————

She mumbled, "Sorry Jet." She tried to hold onto the pulse. She tried to hold the pulse, but it slipped. It slipped through her hands. She felt his pulse die out. And for the first time today, she felt sympathy for the him. Then she remembered a song from her tribe, and started to softly sing,

"Child in a war.

Thinks he's made of steel.

Did he deserve this?

No but,

Death doesn't care.

It just takes and takes and takes,

Until,

Until there's nothing left for it to break.

They were all children in a war,

Not made for them.

Given swords and told to fight,

Children in a war,

Didn't deserve this, did they?

But the world is cruel,

And it takes and takes and takes."

A/N The entire premise of this episode (in my story) was supposed to be Luna not feeling bad for him. She hates him, and doesn't care when he's hurt originally (when his head is hurt as his memories return) and wants to feel sympathy for him, but can't. Luna as a usually caring character is shown to not care and she feels horrible. It also has her connecting to the roots of her tribe and getting over her fear of using blood bending, which how Hama taught her it will be revealed in the future.