5. Gone

Luna sat in her room on her bed. She sat alone, in silence. She still couldn't believe it. She still looked over, to where her sister sat at dinner. She still went to walk to her room before realizing. Aang, Sokka, And Katara were leaving tomorrow. She heard a knock on her door.

She stood up and opened it, hoping it wasn't someone bearing bad news. A servant stuttered, "Yo-your father would like to see you, Princess." She nodded and the servant left. She walked to the throne room. Her father sat on his throne. He said, "Luna, I have some bad news." Luna thought, "More bad news? What is it?" She asked, "What is it?" He said,  "Your friend, Kaila, sh- She died protecting a young child." Her father didn't seem upset giving the news at all, but Luna didn't notice at the moment. Luna had to process it before she covered her mouth. She ran as fast as hed feet could take her. She went to Kaila's room. She had to be okay. She was okay. Right? She ran in. Empty. She realized it was true. She ran, no specific destination. She just ran. She came up to a ledge. Below was the ocean.

She thought, "I have no one left for me. My sister, my best friend, my mom. Gone." She walked towards the ledge and sat down staring into the ocean. She started crying. She heard a voice yelling for her.

She felt a hand wrap around her hips. She felt someone pull her in, hugging her tightly. She tasted the salty tears. She heard Aang say, "It's okay. It's okay. It's okay, Luna. I'm here." She hugged him tight. She sobbed into his shoulder. He let her. She cried until she had no tears left.Then she cried more. Then her world went black.

She woke up in her bed. She pulled her blanket over herself. Aang sat in a chair. He promised, "I'm here when you're ready to talk. Even if you're never ready, I'll be here." Then he said, "I'll stay here with you, in the north. Just say the word and I won't leave you." She said sadly, "You have to go Aang. You're the Avatar. I'll be okay." He questioned, "Are you sure?" She nodded, "I'm sure Aang. Go." He stood up and walked off after hugging her. She waved goodbye and hugged him back. Then he left. The only one left for her. Gone. He had to go. He was the Avatar after all. Luna's heart fluttering couldn't make him stay. He left like everyone else did.