1. Better than me

Luna walked the halls, black hair flowing as she carried a large stack of books in her tiny arms. She kept walking with the stack of books, till she tripped and fell. Books scattered everywhere
A girl with dark brown hair and bright ocean blue eyes walked up and asked, "Need some help?"

Luna looked up to her friend, "That'd be nice, Kaila." Kaila helped her best friend up. They had met as children and been best friends since. Kaila said, "Come on, your father wants to see you," Luna questioned, "Why?" Her friend replied, "The avatar and his southern watertribe friends are here!" Luna nodded and they continued walking in silence, just enjoying each other's presence.

They arrived at the dining room and Luna walked up to the table and sat down. Kaila sat next to her. Chief Arnook announces, "Today we celebrate the avatar's arrival and my daughter Yue's birthday! She is now of marrying age!"  Yue stood up, "May the moon and ocean spirits bless us!" Everyone clapped and then started to eat. Luna started eating her fish. Kaila thought out loud,  "I wonder what the avatar's like! Is he old or young? Is he watertribe? Air nomad?" Luna said, pointing to down the table, "He's down there, you should go talk to him, Kai." Kaila shook her head, "No I can't. He's the avatar and I'm just a servant!" Luna grabbed her hand and pulled her up, "Let's go!"

She pulled her over to the avatar. Luna held out her free hand and said, "I'm Princess Luna, Nice to meet you, Avatar." She bowed in front of him. Kaila stood stunned until Luna elbowed her and she bowed.

The avatar said, a smile on his face,  "Call me Aang, Nice to meet you, princess," She smiled at him. The princess, The avatar and the servant sat down and started talking. Aang started talking about his bison and Luna listened excitedly. She loved animals! For dinner and for their cuteness! He talked about his bison, then his lemur. She talked about her best friend, Kaila and her sister. They talked and talked until dinner was over. Then she stood up, "Goodnight Avatar Aang," And bowed. He said, "Goodnight, Princess Luna," And Bowed back. Then they looked in the eyes and started laughing loudly. Everyone looked over at them as they laughed loudly. Then she yelled out, "Bye Aang!" And he waved, "Bye Luna!" And she walked off.

She walked to her room and sat down on her bed. He was kind and sweet to her. She heard a knock and saw Kaila. Kaila walked in and sat down with her, holding her hand. She stated, "The Avatar is very nice," Luna nodded. Kaila asked, "Want to play in the snow?" Luna nodded excitedly and they ran out. They were both 13 and loved playing in the snow. Luna ran and jumped into the snow. Kaila jumped in as well as they laughed. Luna saw a figure standing over her and looked up. Her father stood above her. He yelled, frustration showing, "Young lady, get out of the snow or so help me!" She quickly climbed out and brushed the snow off her coat. She followed her father, waving sadly to Kaila.

When they got in, her father started yelling, "You know you aren't allowed in the snow! It makes your image look horrible and as a princess you must be proper and ladylike! Your sister would never do that! Only you, Luna, go in the snow and get dirty! Go take a shower right now!" She walked away from him. He always mentioned how Yue wouldn't do this and would do that. He compared her to her sister. He thought Yue was a angel child. She just wanted to be loved too. Like how her father loved Yue. She knew that would never happen.

She turned and walked into the spirit oasis after her shower. She went there to mediate whenever her father yelled at her. She sat down and got in position, closing her eyes. She sat concentrating on how annoying her dad was! Her black hair laid still against her back. She opened her bright white eyes and sat up. She was done for today. As she walked out, she felt something brush against her arm. She looked and saw a pink deer like animal. She blinked and it was gone. She thought, "I'm probably just tired," she walked off to go to bed.